New edge question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New edge question

Long story short my old edge wouldn't correct my tire size so edge sent me a new one with new software . well there's new settings and the manual doesn't explain these first is the conv lock up what's this used for and + does what compared to -

also want to give edge a shout they gave great customer service no questions asked very happy customer !!!!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by CANTUKID
Long story short my old edge wouldn't correct my tire size so edge sent me a new one with new software . well there's new settings and the manual doesn't explain these first is the conv lock up what's this used for and + does what compared to -

also want to give edge a shout they gave great customer service no questions asked very happy customer !!!!!!
Conv Lockup relates to small changes you can make in the way your Torque Converter unlocks/locks. It's effected by both speed and load. If you enter minus values, the TC will unlock/lock at lower speeds and if you use plus values, the opposite effect happens.

Minus values can improve your fuel economy somewhat, and plus values give you more power under part throttle acceleration.

What I've found, is minus values make the transmission less "twitchy" (prone to TC unlocking) when accelerating mildly or when going up gentle hills.

- Jack

Old 07-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Conv Lockup relates to small changes you can make in the way your Torque Converter unlocks/locks. It's effected by both speed and load. If you enter minus values, the TC will unlock/lock at lower speeds and if you use plus values, the opposite effect happens.

Minus values can improve your fuel economy somewhat, and plus values give you more power under part throttle acceleration.

What I've found, is minus values make the transmission less "twitchy" (prone to TC unlocking) when accelerating mildly or when going up gentle hills.

- Jack
may i ask what settings your running on lock and unlock so far i've only tried positive values

Quick Reply: New edge question