Im confused about gryphon????

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 02:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to take credit for the pic but i snaged it from dynomitediesel's site.. to help out.
I will admit i miss my gauges now with the SCT and the black with a black pod and my black interior would have been nice.. I wish i wasnt so impatient haha

Old 07-31-2009, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do what i can, thanks for the pic i'm sure it will help many people on here. I want to order one soon, but i find myself dragging my feet for some reason.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 20SUPERCREW05
I do what i can, thanks for the pic i'm sure it will help many people on here. I want to order one soon, but i find myself dragging my feet for some reason.
Best thing I have done to my truck. Would be the last mod i give up.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Bluejay,

I am confused. I have a 2008 SC 5.4 with a CAI (AirRaid). I recently sent in my Edge for the Gryphon upgrade and custom tunes. A few posts ago, you mentioned NOT to install your CAI before you install the Grypphon/custom tunes. Will this harm the engine? Erase the custom tunes? Or worse yet, "mess up" the newly upgraded Gryphon? Your info/advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I traded my stock intake for the AirRaid (buddy was trading in his truck) so I can't put my truck back to stock.

Thank you

Old 08-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by NICO98
Bluejay,

I am confused. I have a 2008 SC 5.4 with a CAI (AirRaid). I recently sent in my Edge for the Gryphon upgrade and custom tunes. A few posts ago, you mentioned NOT to install your CAI before you install the Grypphon/custom tunes. Will this harm the engine? Erase the custom tunes? Or worse yet, "mess up" the newly upgraded Gryphon? Your info/advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I traded my stock intake for the AirRaid (buddy was trading in his truck) so I can't put my truck back to stock.

Thank you
Some trucks (I believe the 04/05 had more of a problem) run lean with a CAI and but you can use custom tunes to correct this, that is why they say make sure to run them together. Your motor is the only victim here, tunnes and gryphon will not be affected.

Do a search on running lean and you should come up with more detailed explanations if you are curious.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
What he said ^ . You have a 2008, so odds are you are not running lean. Just don't be going WOTuntil you get the custom tune installed. You should have no problem.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:36 AM
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the replies. The wait for my Gryphon continues...

Quick Reply: Im confused about gryphon????