Im confused about gryphon????

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im confused about gryphon????

I looked at their website, the gryphon is $400. does it use the edge or does it have its own display box? i cant seem to find any pics on here or their website. what all do you get for 400 bucks? any help would be great.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Bill, at PHP develops software for Edge, used to work for them. He buys the hardware from Edge and reskins it as the Gryphon. This allows him to legally custom tune the unit. The gryhon comes with the same canned programs as the Edge and then can be custom tuned. The custom tunes are worth the money, even for a stock truck, such as mine.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Bill, at PHP develops software for Edge, used to work for them. He buys the hardware from Edge and reskins it as the Gryphon. This allows him to legally custom tune the unit. The gryhon comes with the same canned programs as the Edge and then can be custom tuned. The custom tunes are worth the money, even for a stock truck, such as mine.
Jim - I'm going to make a teeny little correction to something you said here. Bill actually changes the "canned" tunes slightly when he rebrands the unit as a Gryphon. I don't know what it is that he does, because he keeps this information on a "need to know/eyes only/burn before reading" basis. But, I DO know that Corey claims the canned tunes are improved.

- Jack

Old 07-30-2009, 10:35 AM
now how about someone who already has the Edge??? Is it better and cheaper to sell the Edge and buy a Gryphon or just send it off to get it retuned? From the looks on the site it is $60 per custom tune and $25 to get it upgraded to the Gryphon. Well I have lift, exhaust and intake so what is recommended to be done for that?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by callmewhite
now how about someone who already has the Edge??? Is it better and cheaper to sell the Edge and buy a Gryphon or just send it off to get it retuned? From the looks on the site it is $60 per custom tune and $25 to get it upgraded to the Gryphon. Well I have lift, exhaust and intake so what is recommended to be done for that?
I would return the truck to stock and send it off for the upgrade. Bill will write custom tunes including your mods and what type of tune you want.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I would like to see what the edge looks like with it is reskined into a gryphon...any pics???

Old 07-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Jim - I'm going to make a teeny little correction to something you said here. Bill actually changes the "canned" tunes slightly when he rebrands the unit as a Gryphon. I don't know what it is that he does, because he keeps this information on a "need to know/eyes only/burn before reading" basis. But, I DO know that Corey claims the canned tunes are improved.

- Jack
Wouldn't it be "burn after reading"?

Originally Posted by shocar4
I would like to see what the edge looks like with it is reskined into a gryphon...any pics???
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Old 07-30-2009, 05:16 PM
i also am looking at the gryphon but i want to get all my upgrades first so i dont have to keep retuning

Old 07-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by cstanek
Wouldn't it be "burn after reading"?
Nope! Ultra top secret is "burn before reading!". (And then you shoot yourself).

- Jack

Old 07-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by zerohour2782
i also am looking at the gryphon but i want to get all my upgrades first so i dont have to keep retuning
If you have the 5.4 3v, 2 things to keep in mind. Do not install a CAI before you get the custom tune, needs to be simultaneous of after. Also, a cat back exhaust does not require a tune, you can do that first.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
If you have the 5.4 3v, 2 things to keep in mind. Do not install a CAI before you get the custom tune, needs to be simultaneous of after. Also, a cat back exhaust does not require a tune, you can do that first.
yes of coarse i dont think i want cat back's though i just got it coming out before my rear wheel and i love the sound. My next step is to start shopping for an air intake, but im not going to put it on just have the info when i send it to bill

Old 07-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by zerohour2782
yes of coarse i dont think i want cat back's though i just got it coming out before my rear wheel and i love the sound. My next step is to start shopping for an air intake, but im not going to put it on just have the info when i send it to bill
You got it then, that's the ticket.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heres a pic

Old 07-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by 20SUPERCREW05
I looked at their website, the gryphon is $400. does it use the edge or does it have its own display box? i cant seem to find any pics on here or their website. what all do you get for 400 bucks? any help would be great.
Just because I read your post, I updated the website and added a picture. Thanks for pointing out that it was needed!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by midwestoffroad
heres a pic

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Im confused about gryphon????