Diablo performance chip

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo performance chip

Just got a new (for me) 02 f150 supercrew 4x4, 5.4L, and it came with an uninstalled diablo performance chip. The previous owner said it created a nasty vibration that was diagnosed by ford as an engine misfire. He reset the truck to stock, removed the chip and it was all good. Now I really like the sounds of the gryphon for the potential of towing a travel trailer in the next year or so and may do some minor mods to the truck first. It already has a K&N air filter, and I'll probably pull the snorkel out of the fender, and possibly an exhaust upgrade. I'm going for mileage and power, not racing performance. So my question is, reprogram the diablo (I have no idea about the company or what the initial program was designed for) or just chuck it and get a gryphon when I get the other stuff finished? Any other suggestions for cheaper/safer mods for mileage/power for a truck in Western Canada, 2500-3500' above sea level and temps between -30&+30Celsius. If I get a travel trailer, it'll likely be on the heavier side of the trucks limit than the lighter side. Otherwise, it's just a highway driver, I'm too old to dig it out of the mud and snow to play in.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
I suspect you're not going to get many opinions about Diablos in this forum. We seem to mostly like the Edge products (Evolution and Gryphon) and Superchips products (Cortex, X3, SCT and others).

I'd recommend a custom tuned Gryphon from PHP or an X3 from Troyer Performance. Go with the Gryphon if you want the extra gauges.

- Jack

Old 08-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't waste your time with that. Just like Jack&Janet said, get a custom SCT Xcal3.

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...=226&parent=66

Quick Reply: Diablo performance chip