Sluggish throttle

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sluggish throttle

I've got a problem that I can't figure out what is going on. I have Troyer custom tunes with 3.5" AF1 tube. Had this setup for about a year now, I have noticed lately that when I come to a stop and I start again (ie. red-light or turning) the engine is sluggish when I press on the gas a bit it almost seems to miss and run bad, when I give it more gas and the trans shifts it runs fine. It mostly happens when I am very light on the throttle.

I cleaned my MAF sensor wire with electrial cleaner and that didn't work. Is there a potential problem with the tunes? Does anyone with Troyer tunes and the AF1 3.5" had this problem?

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks - Andy

Old 08-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Tunes do not change. It could be plugs, dirty throttle body or it could just be the adaptive system in the computer. Disconnect the batterfor about 30 minutes and let the computer relearn.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Tunes do not change. It could be plugs, dirty throttle body or it could just be the adaptive system in the computer. Disconnect the batterfor about 30 minutes and let the computer relearn.
Disconnecting the battery won't affect the tune that is downloaded in the computer?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by JDeere7296
Disconnecting the battery won't affect the tune that is downloaded in the computer?
No. All it will do is clear the Adaptive Memory or whatever it's called. It has adapted to your driving style and if you have done a lot of city driving, slow starts, etc, that is what it has adapted to. Clear it and start over. If that does not do it, then it might be something mechanical. Your tunes are stored in the computer and will stay stored until erased.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks Bluejay, I'll try that!

Quick Reply: Sluggish throttle