I have waited since 5/6/2009 for my Troyer tune, how long have you waited

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordRacer2005
Wow take it easy on the guy...
Why? When someone comes around acting like they know everything, when they clearly do not have a clue, they need to be put in place and enlightened as to the reality of things.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:49 PM
I really don't give a crap weather it's copy and paste, how many hours it really takes, how friggin great a tune it is, but they have had my money for over 3 months which I think is wrong.
And to the moron that thinks I have been venting, you gotta be one of those tree hugging wusses that gets his feelings hurt and the reason why we have lost our freedom of speech.
You people that do the tuning do a great job and keep that snowjob going for all those people that think your "custom tune" is so custom.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:20 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
you must be so proud...

have you called Troyer Performance yet????? or are not man enough to call and ask about your tunes???

Old 08-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Don't bother asking for anymore help or advice from now on...

Last edited by Bluejay; 08-17-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: remove quote with language
Old 08-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by don40vette
I really don't give a crap weather it's copy and paste, how many hours it really takes, how friggin great a tune it is, but they have had my money for over 3 months which I think is wrong.
And to the moron that thinks I have been venting, you gotta be one of those tree hugging wusses that gets his feelings hurt and the reason why we have lost our freedom of speech.
You people that do the tuning do a great job and keep that snowjob going for all those people that think your "custom tune" is so custom.
An attitude like that is not going to get you any help. If you think all these tuners are snowing you, then just go out and buy an sct racer pack and tune it yourself.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Geeze... reminds me of the saying that you can't reason with unreasonble people.

FYI.... "programming" is nothing like "tuning." I've done both (C, C++, C#, PHP) and they aren't even close. Tuning is changing values, tables, scalars and flags with the associated knowledge for a desired outcome, with no actual "programming" in the traditional sense done.

If you have such a problem with Troyer, ask for a refund, run a canned tuned and pat yourself on the back thinking you've got a tune that's just as good. Yeah, the waits have gotten very long, perhaps unreasonably long depending on your level of patience, and longer than I would wait on any vendor with my money, but if it were me I'd be calling the vendor personally instead of calling users names when they respond.

You wanted feedback, you got it and didn't like it, so maybe its time to go in a corner and sulk?

Last edited by DigitalMarket; 08-17-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've got news for you, the PCM's used in these trucks are a lot more complicated than you think. The programming is a lot more structured than just a simple ladder logic used in a PLC (what your using) An average 3rd grader can program a PLC, so what your doing is nothing special.

BTW name calling and foul language is a sure fire way to get banned, so have a good life.

Last edited by Bluejay; 08-17-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Remove quote with language
Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Talk about an attitude check. Custom tunes are exactly as stated...

Old 08-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Wow take it easy on the guy...
That was what I was going to say.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by don40vette
OK Don - Your "moron" comment was directed at me and I'm quite comfortable in my own skin, so just flame away at me all you wish. I'm NOT a tree-hugging "wuss" as you implied (even though I DO respect nature). I am a former fighter pilot though who was in combat in Vietnam to (supposedly) protect this precious freedom you so blithely talk about. My feelings are not hurt at all, but I suspect yours are.

And, just so you'll know, I'm a programmer too. I taught it for 20 years at the University of Arizona, along with microprocessor design. I think I know what I'm talking about. What I'm not, and what you are not, is a TUNER! If you don't understand the subtleties of internal combustion engines and their transmissions, then you have no idea what is required to develop custom tunes. I know I don't! If you DO, why are you waiting for a tune from Mike Troyer?

And, let's knock this off - It gets tedious to all the other members. If you have a problem with Troyer Performance, CALL THEM!

- Jack

Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm sorry but you guys jumped down his throat and you expected what? Of course the guy was going to be defensive. 3 months for a tune is ridiculous. If you are happy with the tune from Troyer and you're happy with waiting that long than good for you. I'm proud because I wouldn't want to wait that long. On a side note, I really don't think some of you understand exactly how long it takes to write a tune for a vehicle. It's not something that takes hours. I agree though. I think the OP should call Troyer tomorrow because there was another thread where a customer created a thread like this, called, and I believed he got it in the same day or the next day.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
I'm sorry but you guys jumped down his throat and you expected what? Of course the guy was going to be defensive. 3 months for a tune is ridiculous. If you are happy with the tune from Troyer and you're happy with waiting that long than good for you. I'm proud because I wouldn't want to wait that long. On a side note, I really don't think some of you understand exactly how long it takes to write a tune for a vehicle. It's not something that takes hours. I agree though. I think the OP should call Troyer tomorrow because there was another thread where a customer created a thread like this, called, and I believed he got it in the same day or the next day.
Ford, let's ALL of us knock this petty bickering off - me included! I'm sorry I allowed myself to get sucked into it. We all agree, he needs to call Troyer. Let's just let him do that. No more pot stirring, please!

- Jack

Old 08-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Agreed.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow...

Old 08-17-2009, 01:23 AM
Guy is way out of line. Period.

Quick Reply: I have waited since 5/6/2009 for my Troyer tune, how long have you waited