Which Tuner????

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Tuner????

I have a 2008 FX4. I am looking for something to improve the way it drives. When I say that, I am meaning, shifting and just a little more power. I already have a K&N intake. When it shifts now, it seems to lose RPM's and I would like to get away from that. I had a Hypertech programmer in my 99 silverado and the transmission started acting up and slipping, so that kinda scares me about putting one in this truck. Any help is appreciated!!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by nathan08fx4
I have a 2008 FX4. I am looking for something to improve the way it drives. When I say that, I am meaning, shifting and just a little more power. I already have a K&N intake. When it shifts now, it seems to lose RPM's and I would like to get away from that. I had a Hypertech programmer in my 99 silverado and the transmission started acting up and slipping, so that kinda scares me about putting one in this truck. Any help is appreciated!!
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...unes-read.html

Read this and then maybe some of the other threads in the tuner section. It's all there. You can go with canned tunes or custom tunes. With a CAI, you need custom to really take advantage of it. For custom tunes, you want an XCal3 or a Gryphon.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 AM
x2. I agree with BlueJay. I run the gryphon and really like the way it shifts due to the custom tunes

Old 08-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I've got the Xcal3 custom tuned from VMP Tuning and would recommend it highly.

This is what you want..

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...=226&parent=66

Quick Reply: Which Tuner????