P1000 will it affect my warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
P1000 will it affect my warranty???

my truck goes in tomorrow for some warranty work on my transmission will that affect if there is a serious problem with my transmission for the Stealership not to cover it under warranty??

Old 08-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordfanatic101
my truck goes in tomorrow for some warranty work on my transmission will that affect if there is a serious problem with my transmission for the Stealership not to cover it under warranty??
Did that show up right after returning it to stock? I think that is the code that yo get when there have not been enough drive cycles after a tune change.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Did that show up right after returning it to stock? I think that is the code that yo get when there have not been enough drive cycles after a tune change.
yes it showed up after returning to stock
it has been there for a while i did drive around for some time it is still there i have researched it on here i was just curious if it would affect anything on my warranty but i dont think so as i have read it can also be set off by unplugging the battery so i think/hope i wont affect my warranty
i have read i can take anywhere from 50-500 miles to clear it depending on driving habits

Old 08-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
yes it showed up after returning to stock
it has been there for a while i did drive around for some time it is still there i have researched it on here i was just curious if it would affect anything on my warranty but i dont think so as i have read it can also be set off by unplugging the battery so i think/hope i wont affect my warranty
i have read i can take anywhere from 50-500 miles to clear it depending on driving habits
Ok, I thought that was the one. They won't do an inspection if that code is there. Just don't know how it might affect transmission work.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Ok, I thought that was the one. They won't do an inspection if that code is there. Just don't know how it might affect transmission work.
ya i got all of the info on inspections i was just curious if they go to scan my OBDII for codes if that comes up it will affect my warranty hopefully some one else will chime in??? if they do say anything about it i will just say the battery was disconnected recently for a stereo install or something along those lines

thanks for all the help Bluejay

Old 08-25-2009, 02:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if they do say anything about it i will just say the battery was disconnected recently for a stereo install or something along those lines
Yeah, as a careful owner, you were performing normal maintenance by disconnecting and cleaning the battery terminals, right?

Last edited by sburn; 08-25-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sburn
Yeah, as a careful owner, you were performing normal maintenance by disconnecting and cleaning the battery terminals, right?
Exactly.

Quick Reply: P1000 will it affect my warranty???