Tuner recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuner recommendation

My truck is stock, and I am okay with that except the poor throttle response. I am considering an Edge Evo tuner, but down the road may get a CAI and some type of exhaust. Would it be okay going with the Edge Evo tuner now and making the other mods down the road?

Old 08-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by rd-f-150
My truck is stock, and I am okay with that except the poor throttle response. I am considering an Edge Evo tuner, but down the road may get a CAI and some type of exhaust. Would it be okay going with the Edge Evo tuner now and making the other mods down the road?
I would go with VMP Custom Tuning, I bought a SCT X3 & a custom tune. My truck is fast know thanks to the 87 performance tune.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by rd-f-150
To take advantage of a CAI, you will need custom tuning. Get a Gryphon or an Xcal3. Tuner sponsers of this site that are as good as it gets for custom tunes are Troyer Performance and Power Hungry Performance.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Have you looked into a Xcal3 from a place like VMP Tuning? That's what I've got and I love it!!!

Quick Reply: Tuner recommendation