will an edge/gryphon data log?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will an edge/gryphon data log?

well i'm starting to look into gathering stuff for a procharger, and i need something that can datalog. i currently have a edge and was thinking about upgrading it to a gryphon, but don't know if it will data log. i know the edge won't, so i don't think the gryphon will either. please let me know if i am correct, and if so does anybody want to buy an edge.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Jimmy, no one's answered your question, so I'll try. The Gryphon DOES support data logging, but I've never done it and the manual for the Gryphon does not mention it. I'm almost certain the Edge has this ability too, but, I cannot verify this for you.

I would go into the "Diagnostics" menu and poke around in there. I suspect that's where you'll find something about data logging.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific. I've never felt the need to do this and so I have no first hand experience. Other people have talked about data logging with a Gryphon though, so I'm sure you CAN do it.

- Jack

Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Jimmy (and Jack),

Unfortunately, the 97-03 versions do not offer datalogging like the 04-08 does. You're going to have to go SCT or AutoEnginuity if you want full datalogging capability. I wish I had better news for you.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Ugh - sorry, I thought it applied to all models. :o

Thanks, Bill. At least we got a definitive answer!

- Jack

Old 10-07-2009, 10:31 AM
thats good, it just means instead of upgrading i will selling it. bill i don't see it on your website, but do you guys sell the sct livewire? if so please let me know, i do know it will need to be custom tuned since the canned tunes don't support my truck.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Jimmy,

Yes, we do carry both the X3 and the LiveWire. Give us a shout and we can get you a price together with custom tunes.

Take care.

Quick Reply: will an edge/gryphon data log?