Noob question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 04:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob question...

Hey guys...noob to F150's here and had a question. I just got a 07 HD and after reading up on them here, I guess the only difference between that and a regular Triton, (Performance wise anyway) is the "specialy tuned" exhaust and suspension. Am I missing anything?? I'd like to get a tune for her but need to do a few more hours of searching and research. I plan on just putting a CAI on it (say that now ) and from what I gather the programmer would help a lot for that as well. How much do they run?? I know the one I have for my SS was like $500.00 but I made my own tunes for that and hooked right up to my laptop. Are these the same style?

And yes I read the sticky

thanks

Old 10-08-2009, 03:48 AM
About the only thing that might be in the $500.00 price range that'll let you do your own tuning would be from DeltaForce (formerly Sniper), although I couldn't say for certain. SCT offers custom tuning packages for the X3 but between the programmer and the software, you're looking at a fair chunk of change.

In general, you're probably going to be looking for just a basic programmer that supports custom tuning, such as the SCT XCal3 or the PHP Gryphon. With custom tunes, the prices are about the same. Each have their positives and negatives as far as hardware functionality, but the tunes would be fairly comparable.

Check the websites, see what grabs ya, and then come back with any questions and we'll see what we can do to help point you in the right direction.

I hope this helps.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the reply Bill. I was starting to think that know one knew. Anyway I was actually looking at the Gryphon. SO what would it run??

Old 10-09-2009, 02:26 AM
Message sent.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Thanks Bill. Sorry but been searching, Googling... you name it, email me again if you can on info on this product. I have no clue on this except what people say here but they usually only talk about the results. No idea on what it looks like, how it works, how I input stuff.

'Sorry guys

Old 10-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Just go to there web site they have lots of information on there.
http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/php/

Quick Reply: Noob question...