Gryphon came in today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gryphon came in today!

Well I got my Gryphon in today, gonna throw it on and see how she works! Now just gotta wait for custom tunes to see how it really wakes up the truck.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Ideal150
Well I got my Gryphon in today, gonna throw it on and see how she works! Now just gotta wait for custom tunes to see how it really wakes up the truck.
I think you're going to be happy! Have fun!

- Jack

Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks! Ive seen your pretty knowledgeable on these things, how has yours worked out for you?

Old 10-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Thanks! Ive seen your pretty knowledgeable on these things, how has yours worked out for you?
Ha! You credit me with too much! :o

Like Bluejay though, I would not want to give up my custom tunes. As far as I'm concerned, they made the truck do what I wanted it to do.

I'm a solid believer in custom tuning by a reputable tuner!

- Jack

Old 10-17-2009, 02:14 PM
All I have to say is WOW!!! Cant wait to see what custom tunes are gonna do. But one thing I noticed today when I got to work was that when I got there was a smell like when your breaking something in, hope that makes sense, but I didnt really push the truck or anything hard. Its not the exhaust cause I had that done a couple of weeks ago and the smell went away in a couple days. Is it just me or something that anybody else noticed??

Old 10-17-2009, 02:19 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Did the exhaust get any louder man?

Old 10-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
All I have to say is WOW!!! Cant wait to see what custom tunes are gonna do. But one thing I noticed today when I got to work was that when I got there was a smell like when your breaking something in, hope that makes sense, but I didnt really push the truck or anything hard. Its not the exhaust cause I had that done a couple of weeks ago and the smell went away in a couple days. Is it just me or something that anybody else noticed??
Was it possibly the "new electronics" smell? You don't say where you smelled it - inside or outside the cab? If inside, I'd suspect it's just the normal "boiling off" of solvents in the Gryphon due to the internal temperatures of components when being powered for the first time. If it was outside though, I wouldn't have any idea.

- Jack

Trending Topics

Old 10-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Did the exhaust get any louder man?
Yea it has a little bit. Ive put bout 500 miles so far.

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Was it possibly the "new electronics" smell? You don't say where you smelled it - inside or outside the cab? If inside, I'd suspect it's just the normal "boiling off" of solvents in the Gryphon due to the internal temperatures of components when being powered for the first time. If it was outside though, I wouldn't have any idea.

- Jack
Thats what i was thinking bout maybe the electronics, it was on the outside though.

Quick Reply: Gryphon came in today!