IS gryphon worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation IS gryphon worth it?

I just bought a used 06 fx4 screw. it has a edge evolution programer on it. i'm geting 14 MPG on setting 2. i'v heard good things about gryphon and i was just wondering if they could do anything to improve my MPG, and get some suggestions on what i should ask for when i did call them.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I just recieved my upgraded evo to gryphon on Friday. I only had time to plug it back into the truck, turn it to lvl 3 perf 91 tune and start the truck. Just from that initial start I could tell it had a healthier start and a much better idle. From the front of the truck you could feel it pulling in much more air, the exhaust tone is also even better. I'll be driving it to it's next show tomorrow and let you know how the tunes perform. So far I'm very impressed!

Old 10-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Hurry up and order a tune! I've been waiting since aug 6th. Still no sight to the end of the tunnel... hrm...

Old 10-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still running canned tunes (level 2) on mine and my custom tunes should be done in a day or two. With the canned tune I've been getting 1-1.5 mpg average better so I'm hoping it'll be even better with the custom since I do have a CAI. Look on their forum if you have any questions first and then call if you have anything that is unclear.

Quick Reply: IS gryphon worth it?