re-learning after battery change?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re-learning after battery change?

I had to replace my battery and alternator Friday. Does my computer now re-learn my Gryphon again? It may be in my head, but truck felt stronger this morning. It will be re-learning shift points and such, right?

Old 10-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Not exactly. The program parameters are all the same. It is relearning your driving habits and how it uses the program you have entered. It was stronger and more responsive, but as you do slow starts and drive easy in stop and go traffic, it will adapt to that and slowly become less responsive again.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if I drive like a bat out of hell for a while, it will shift accordingly? Feels good that it seems to run a little stronger. Running custom tune, but haven't tried my true "performance" tune yet. Had this thing since May. Should really do that!! Running 35" tires, have 4.56 gears stored to go into truck. 3.55's at the moment. I will be putting winter (stock) tires back on around Thanksgiving. I know I should feel it's true potential then. PHP knows that I will be swapping gears, all I need to do is let them know when it happens for a file update. Then, woo-hoo!!

Quick Reply: re-learning after battery change?