$89-Need Some Advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
1. Never take it to a dealer with a tune loaded, you just discovered why.
If you can return it to stock. There are a lot of guys who would do more harm to their truck to return it to stock and run it. If that's the case you can buy caps to go on the ODBII port that says "Do not Flash - Consult Owner".

Old 11-11-2009, 08:41 AM
So whats the update on this? Did you get it fixed?

Old 11-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey guys read what you want, this is a little exhaustive. I've got at least one funny thing to say. In case you don't want to read everything I wrote, there is a summary.
Summary: Edge problem solved=> easy
IWE solenoid problem solved => warranty
Some of the other Ford truck owner websites are painful=> Cold One
Everything is back to normal.
305/65/18 BFG All-Terrains on 05 18" FX4
rims with a 2.5" leveling kit is a great combination, I'm as close to rubbing as
possible without ever actually touching anything.

Sorry for the delay, it ended up being a crazy truck week. Ok, here's the deal. I've had that edge since 2006. I got it when I had 10,000 miles on the truck I just rolled over 74,500. I ALWAYS took care of everything and returned the vehicle to stock before service, I just forgot about it this time, ouch. End of the story, called edge Monday afternoon, talked to they guy for 3 minutes, explained to him what happened, plugged the edge up to Lightning, and he reprogrammed back to its original configuration for me. Problem solved truck is back at level two running 93 like a champ.

Crazy Truck Week=> Front hubs started engaging randomly on Sunday afternoon. Took it to dealership on Morning after class, they replaced my front hubs (they were all torn up), and that faulty IWE solenoid that keeps on fouling up on our pre-06 trucks. Just before this when the truck got reflashed and I had the little problem with the edge, I had a set of 305/65/18 BFG All-Terrains installed on the truck and they replaced a lot of stuff in the front suspension, ball joints ect. But I have a few issues now with the dealership that did the tire install and front end work for me. When I got the truck back, I noticed the intake plenums were full of water (I've got a Volant CAI so this exposed), I had never seen this in any off-roading or storms. I think some idiot at that dealership tried to wash out my engine, in a failed detailing attempt, and flooded out that damn IWE solenoid! All of this was just barely covered under my 75,000 mile warranty So the point of this drawn out story is, buy the extended warranty! When we bought my truck it was like an extra $5,000 for the premium 75,000 mile warranty, and it has so paid for itself. Oil changes and service every 5,000 miles and I have had countless stuff replaced under warranty on this thing, so yeah thats my point.

While looking around some of the other forums, I ran across this thread and countless other ones like it. F150online is the best forum hands down. I don't really need to tell you whats wrong with this thread, but I mean come on, that is painful to read.
http://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewt...p?f=31&t=79644

Thanks guys kinda had to rant a little but thats what the internet's for right? This forum rocks by the way. I've been a member for maybe 4 years, tons of great information on here. Later on!

BT

Old 11-12-2009, 08:04 PM
5 k$ for a ford premium care warranty?-i wont tell you what i paid for 6yr 100 k ford premium care -you would be sick...

Old 11-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
I agree!
This is like the 4th one I have ran across.
Wonder why the dealers are using the same hex or are they tweeking something in the calibration code itself?
Very possible, I'd guess. OCP, we'd really like to know what you find here. I honestly don't think your programmer would have worked with it's custom tunes if your HEX code had changed.

I imagine a stock tune's code CAN be altered without changing its ID, but that seems a bit problematic.

- Jack

Old 11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Bassterror84, I'm delighted Edge solved your programmer's problem so quickly!

One of the frustrating things I see in this forum is people seeming to be afraid to CALL Edge/Troyer/VMP/PHP (whatever), with their problems! What do you have to lose? You've just shown it's a win-win deal, just call tech support!

Thanks for posting your followup and thanks for appreciating our forum! We try our best to make it a helpful resource when people need a little help.

- Jack

Quick Reply: $89-Need Some Advice