Edge questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge questions!!!

Ok, i understand how the tuner works when the truck is in stock form and ive also read through other posts on here to try and find my answer but im not sure if i have...im lookin to get an edge for my 2006 lariat which has a CAI, MAGNAFLOW exhaust, 8in lift, 37in tires, and stock gears. if i were to get the edge can i custom tune it myself or do i have to send it off too PHP or Troyer to get it tuned for my setup? Basically can i set up mine with the custom tunes like you would get with the gryphon? and if not whats the difference and why cant i? Thanks!

Old 12-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by liljoe0985
Ok, i understand how the tuner works when the truck is in stock form and ive also read through other posts on here to try and find my answer but im not sure if i have...im lookin to get an edge for my 2006 lariat which has a CAI, MAGNAFLOW exhaust, 8in lift, 37in tires, and stock gears. if i were to get the edge can i custom tune it myself or do i have to send it off too PHP or Troyer to get it tuned for my setup? Basically can i set up mine with the custom tunes like you would get with the gryphon? and if not whats the difference and why cant i? Thanks!
There are parameters you can change on the edge yourself, but not to the extent that takes place when getting custom tunes from someone like PHP. You have basically a small subset of all the parameters, and you have bounds you must stay between within each option. If you are considering the edge, take advantage of the holiday sales from PHP and go ahead and get yourself a gryphon.

Not to mention, I dont think you will be able to correct for the lean condition you will have running an Edge with your CAI, you will need custom tunes for that.

Last edited by mdhawkin; 12-14-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Custom tunes set up different AFR tables that cannot be adjusted with the programmer.
Yes, like mdhawkin posted above that you can adjust some things but not all of them.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
With the Edge, you will not be taking full advantage of your CAI as it is programmed for a stock intake. Do yourself the favor and go for the Gryphon or the Xcal3. Both have custom tunes.

Quick Reply: Edge questions!!!