Edge evo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge evo!!!

Just got it in the mail today and all i can say is wow you guys gotta love how fast these things load the tunes.. Much better then the hypertech i had and now hopefully i can get a hold of PHP and get evenmore HP

Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Told you it was fast LOL. I am still confused on why you did not start out with the gryphon?

Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 AM
wel i got ore mods comeing in the future lke headers and such and i wanna have everything doen befor i send it in and i could never get a hold of PHP and wanted one fast

Old 12-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by tsunamimike
wel i got ore mods comeing in the future lke headers and such and i wanna have everything doen befor i send it in and i could never get a hold of PHP and wanted one fast
Oh, you may have been a little misinformed. You can order a gryphon and get it with canned tunes and have it show up in a week. Once you get all your modding done and want custom tunes you can order them and recieve via email all the time keeping your gryphon. Now you are going to have to send your edge off and get it upgraded to get your custom tunes and go without a tunner for the duration (unless you use your superchip you already have). I guess its a little late now that you have the Edge.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:02 PM
wish i heard that before i got the edge ha... yeah it just threw its first code saying it wasrunning to lean due to my cold air intake and my after market exhaust so i need to send it off asap then ... so if i send them my edge and tell them what i have done to the truck they will just charge the fee for converting over or is that considered a custom tune? then later when i do the upgrades ( headers/pullys) i order the tunes for it

Old 12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

wish i heard that before i got the edge ha... yeah it just threw its first code saying it wasrunning to lean due to my cold air intake and my after market exhaust so i need to send it off asap then ... so if i send them my edge and tell them what i have done to the truck they will just charge the fee for converting over or is that considered a custom tune? then later when i do the upgrades ( headers/pullys) i order the tunes for it
You pay shipping, the conversion fee, and for each tune, if you want a tune for the CAI, you will have to pay for one tune.

I ordered my gryphon this week, I might have it Friday, if not Monday, but i am not expecting the two custom tunes I wanted ( 93 perf/87perf ) until mid January.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:15 PM
No, the convert will just turn it into a gryphon with PHP canned tunes. You will still have your lean condition until you get your custom tunes (seperate purchase). Do you have your stock intake? You get more performance out of the programmer than the intake so if you could go back to your OEM intake in the mean time that would prevent any possible damage.

Trending Topics

Old 12-16-2009, 01:22 PM
i no longer havethe stock but i believe i could use the one of my das truck and trade him for a while will i knowtice a power decrease?

Old 12-16-2009, 01:36 PM
I doubt you will notice much lose if any. You need custom tunes to get the most out of your CAI anyways. Once you get your custom tunes and put your CAI back on you should have a pleasant surprise.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:41 PM
well thanks alot guys about how long does it take to get the Gryphon upgrade and the canned tunes if i ovenighted it to them?

Old 12-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Not sure, guess it depends on their workload. Their site says ~2-3 weeks. If you contact them you may be able to expedite it for a fee, but I don't know for sure.

Quick Reply: Edge evo!!!