Gryphon is here!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gryphon is here!!

YAY,

I took the time to get my tire size set, and mess with the hit firmness and moved the timing to +1.00 because I am running 93 on the canned tow tune.

I have not really noticed much in the way of power, but it is wet out, and i didn't push it past 3K rpm.

I set the shift firmness to +8 +6 +5 and it feels ok, but I am going to try +10 +8 +8 when it dires up.

I have it set to trans temp, oil temp Avg. MPG and intake air temp., nice to have those things too!.

I hope it does not take bill long to get my custom 87/93 tune to me.

To the good though, the truck did seem much more peppy after I get past 2,000 RPM with the tow tune.

Install was easy and simple, I need to tie the wire up better though.

Around town, it told me I was getting 15-17 MPG avg, and thats good, if i am really getting that, maybe if we don't get the 7" of snow we are susposed to be gtting, it will be dry tomorrow so I can test it out.

I want to try the lvel 3, but I am going to wait for my custom 93 because of my CAI, I think some one said I could go +2.00 on timing because i am running 93, but I was scared to.

Oh, well, when I get time and its dry I will update this with my thoughts!

Old 12-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Titan357
YAY,

I took the time to get my tire size set, and mess with the hit firmness and moved the timing to +1.00 because I am running 93 on the canned tow tune.

I have not really noticed much in the way of power, but it is wet out, and i didn't push it past 3K rpm.

I set the shift firmness to +8 +6 +5 and it feels ok, but I am going to try +10 +8 +8 when it dires up.

I have it set to trans temp, oil temp Avg. MPG and intake air temp., nice to have those things too!.

I hope it does not take bill long to get my custom 87/93 tune to me.

To the good though, the truck did seem much more peppy after I get past 2,000 RPM with the tow tune.

Install was easy and simple, I need to tie the wire up better though.

Around town, it told me I was getting 15-17 MPG avg, and thats good, if i am really getting that, maybe if we don't get the 7" of snow we are susposed to be gtting, it will be dry tomorrow so I can test it out.

I want to try the lvel 3, but I am going to wait for my custom 93 because of my CAI, I think some one said I could go +2.00 on timing because i am running 93, but I was scared to.

Oh, well, when I get time and its dry I will update this with my thoughts!
You can go .5 for each octane. So, 93-87= 6. So, you can safely go +3.0. I told you +2.00 as un ultra percaution.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I get a tuner, I'm gonna need to know what all this means, right?

Old 12-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by AAK625
When I get a tuner, I'm gonna need to know what all this means, right?
It's all in the manual.

Quick Reply: Gryphon is here!!