Dyno Day at Troyer Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope.... glad it was not this weekend I'm stuck in Baltimore I cant even move my truck 28" of snow in 18 hours BLOWS!!!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh thats terrible. Baltimores a great place especially the inner harbour but not with that much snow.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Man with all y'all going his pure ******* is going to be dragging the ground after everyone leaves.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Um ok. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm listening. Mike has spent over 2hours on the phone with me and hasn't sold me anything. I have been to two other dyno shops, National Speed in Wilmington NC Aug-Oct and Fast Lane Motorsports in Benson Oct to present. Niether of them have been able to tune this truck. The drive by wire has left them both scratching there heads. Mike says its not a problem and he will not send me home with a truck incorrectly tuned as has happened to me with the others. He's also gonna let me sit there and watch and learn as he builds the tune. No one else has offered me that kind of time or attention and the other shops have my money. I'm not saying no one else can tune it but Mikes the closet that I know of.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Um ok. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm listening. Mike has spent over 2hours on the phone with me and hasn't sold me anything. I have been to two other dyno shops, National Speed in Wilmington NC Aug-Oct and Fast Lane Motorsports in Benson Oct to present. Niether of them have been able to tune this truck. The drive by wire has left them both scratching there heads. Mike says its not a problem and he will not send me home with a truck incorrectly tuned as has happened to me with the others. He's also gonna let me sit there and watch and learn as he builds the tune. No one else has offered me that kind of time or attention and the other shops have my money. I'm not saying no one else can tune it but Mikes the closet that I know of.
lol I'm not knocking that mike can't tune. I just always give Troyer fans a hard time.

There are a lot of tuners, but very few good ones. Troyer seems to be one of the good ones. I'm sure if I lived close to him I would go to him also to tune.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:09 AM
No kidding. Theres tuners everywhere but good tuners...nope. National Speed is one of the most state of the art facilites I've seen and they have tuned some amazing vehicles. But after driving 180miles round trip four times I demanded my money back. Now I'm going through the same with fast lane in Benson. They do not want to give me my money back. They keep sending new tunes via email and I try them but there no good. Oh well, maybe small claims court will light a fire under there ***.

Last edited by Bluejay; 02-08-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Do not circumvent the language filter
Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't know how I missed this the first time around. I'm definitely interested in getting my truck up to Mike's shop. Let me know the date and I'll do my best to be there.

- NCSU

Old 02-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Just giving this thread a bump. I am so ready to get up to Mikes shop and finally have my truck run the way it should. Wish the damn snow would stop.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
?

it won't be in march- they are booked solid,how does april sound?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:02 PM
I visited Mike 3-4 years ago 3x's and each time it was a great experience, well one time the power went out, so that wasn't his fault, but the way he pays attention to detail and explained everything he was doing tuning my trucks was great. He really enjoys and knows what he is doing. He never once tried to sell me anything, as a matter of fact, I originally had his AF1 on my truck, but thought that a JLT Ram air filter system would be better, so I sold the AF1 and bought the JLT. I wasn't happy, and went to Mike to tune for the JLT, and he thought I had the AF1 and I explain how I fell victim to the hype of ram air, and he gave me me and AF1 3.5 in exchange for the JLT off my truck. That is a class act kinda of guy. I said all that to say this.
I know he won't have any problems with your truck. I have know doubt you will leave satisfied.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:07 PM
man I hate this. everytime theres a dyno day I'm over seas. Hopefully it will keep getting pushed back until october november time frame then I will be able to make it lol. hope everyone has fun. when I get back I have to make an appointment with him to get the fuel system upgrade and new pulley. gotta break the 400hp mark before this year ends.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:12 PM
man everytime there is a dyno day i seem to miss it. hope you all have fun. hopefully the time gets pushed back around the october november time frame then ill be out of this desert. i need to get my truck back there to upgrade the fuel system and pulley. want to hit the 400hp mark by the end of this year if all goes well.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:33 PM
No kidding. Theres tuners everywhere but good tuners...nope. National Speed is one of the most state of the art facilites I've seen and they have tuned some amazing vehicles. But after driving 180miles round trip four times I demanded my money back. Now I'm going through the same with fast lane in Benson. They do not want to give me my money back. They keep sending new tunes via email and I try them but there no good. Oh well, maybe small claims court will light a fire under there ***.
Glad I held off with Fast Lane, I was going to give them a try with my recent increase in boost, and with them only being an hour away from me. I am still debating going back up to Troyer or driving south to VMP.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by batn68
Glad I held off with Fast Lane, I was going to give them a try with my recent increase in boost, and with them only being an hour away from me. I am still debating going back up to Troyer or driving south to VMP.
Stay the hell away from Fast Lane!!! They can tune Mustangs but they cannot tune an F 150. Not at all. Here I am 5 months later. They refuse to give me my money back and a couple of times a month they send me a modified tune via email to try to see if its better. At least ational Speed was decent about, they admitted they were clueless and refunded my money. Fast Lane is now blaming SCT for the issues. It doesn't even make sense. I'm going to call them Monday and try the yelling and cussing approach to see if I can some results. I've been Mr. Nice Guy for to long.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:35 PM
MDK
just picked up my cobra from Troyer this past friday. Damn thing was there for 4 months for a fuel system and retune but they found out I needed a whole new rear end, half shafts and all. Sucks cause by the time they got to me they could only get the rear end wrapped up and not the stuff I originally came there for since I'm moving to CO next week. They needed a few more days that I didn't have and there's even more vehicles coming in as of next week so I'm not sure how you guys can pull off a dyno day and Mike's been missing days at work too. Damn rear end runs like a beast now though! Make sure you guys have mechanically sound rides cause Mike wouldn't even get a initial dyno run because of my half shafts. Safety first in his shop and they will find the smallest problems, lol.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day at Troyer Performance