Best price to buy Edge programmer

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best price to buy Edge programmer

Looking to buy a edge tuner for my 2010 f150. Has the 5.4. Something interesting was even on the edge site there is no listing for an 09 or 10 f150. Do they even have a tuner for the 2010? Let me know what' the best price you've found for this tuner.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's see...what facts do we have to help us determine the current status of the Edge for the 09/10?

1. It's not listed on Edge's website.
2. It's not listed on PHP's website.
3. There are NO threads on this or any other F150 board describing the new Edge CS/CTS for the 09/10s.
4. There are no A/M parts websites that list the Edge for 09/10s.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they aren't available yet...

Who's with me?

The only canned tuners I know of for the 09/10 F150 are Diablo and Hypercrap. The SCT X3 does support it, but you'll need custom tunes.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Shotgunz, you're BAAD!

To the OP, Edge keeps saying "soon", but they've been saying that for close to a year now I think.

- Jack

Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Let's see...what facts do we have to help us determine the current status of the Edge for the 09/10?

1. It's not listed on Edge's website.
2. It's not listed on PHP's website.
3. There are NO threads on this or any other F150 board describing the new Edge CS/CTS for the 09/10s.
4. There are no A/M parts websites that list the Edge for 09/10s.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they aren't available yet...

Who's with me?

The only canned tuners I know of for the 09/10 F150 are Diablo and Hypercrap. The SCT X3 does support it, but you'll need custom tunes.

Wow, don't take this the wrong way but you sure are sarcastic %#@&*%! Makes a new guy like me feel really welcome on a Forum like this. You know I think I've seen you post other replies to other people in just this same manner. Keep up the good work!

Since your quite the detective, maybe you could make yourself useful and not just point out that theirs nothing currently out there for 09/10 trucks and do something productive like find out WHEN something maybe available or maybe see if 08 tuners will work on an 09/10?????

Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Don't let it get to you so much. He's just trying to inject a little humor and of course when that happens it's always at someone's expense. Just roll with it and join in on the fun.

No, the 08 model will not work, as the 09 and up is a completely different transmission and program platform. That is why the long delay. They pretty much had to start over. Even things such as adding keyless door handles was fairly simple to the 2004-2008 and that can't be done on the new ones.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by f150perk
Wow, don't take this the wrong way but you sure are sarcastic %#@&*%! Makes a new guy like me feel really welcome on a Forum like this. You know I think I've seen you post other replies to other people in just this same manner. Keep up the good work!

Since your quite the detective, maybe you could make yourself useful and not just point out that theirs nothing currently out there for 09/10 trucks and do something productive like find out WHEN something maybe available or maybe see if 08 tuners will work on an 09/10?????

Dear F150jerk,

My feelings are hurt. I guess I incorrectly assumed that since you found this forum and had already picked out a specific tuning device (from the 5 or 6 available manufacturers), you also had the ability to search this forum, ask Edge, or look on PHP's forums, but were too lazy to do so. We do get a lot of those types of new members (some even admit it in their posts). For that assumption, I apologize.

In case it's not clear, there are no programming devices FROM Edge available for the 09-10 model year. There's only one available from SCT.

And no, an Edge programming device for an 08 model year will not work.

I guess the other pieces of information/tips I gave you are worthless (again, I am sorry).

Please excuse my intrusion into your thread and any completely unitended/accidental damage I may have caused to your self-esteem. I will be on my way now.

Have a nice day and good luck in your search.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
To the OP,
Most of us who frequent this forum everyday have been hearing for the last year+ that edge will be releasing their programmers for the 09-10 "Next Week/Month" so a week goes by and nothing, a month goes by and nothing.
There is still no new info yet.
Just thought I'd get you up to speed.
Thanx

Old 05-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Dear F150jerk,

My feelings are hurt. I guess I incorrectly assumed that since you found this forum and had already picked out a specific tuning device (from the 5 or 6 available manufacturers), you also had the ability to search this forum, ask Edge, or look on PHP's forums, but were too lazy to do so. We do get a lot of those types of new members (some even admit it in their posts). For that assumption, I apologize.

In case it's not clear, there are no programming devices FROM Edge available for the 09-10 model year. There's only one available from SCT.

And no, an Edge programming device for an 08 model year will not work.

I guess the other pieces of information/tips I gave you are worthless (again, I am sorry).

Please excuse my intrusion into your thread and any completely unitended/accidental damage I may have caused to your self-esteem. I will be on my way now.

Have a nice day and good luck in your search.

Shotgunz, I too am sorry if I hurt your feeling! I spent about two days searching on this forum trying to find info on programmers for my 2010 but didn't have much luck. I guess I was in disbelif that some company hadn't come out with a tuner in a year and a 1/2 for the 09/10 model trucks. Especially a company like EDGE. I've heard good things about them so that's the only reason I couldn't believe it and decided to ask! I'm a searcher/researcher, can't buy anything without knowing everything about a product I'm buying.

Maybe being beat down on posts like this has caused my self confidence level to drop so much that I didn't believe my suspensions that they may not be a Edge tuner available for my truck.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Question

Posted at 12:26 pm:

Shotgunz, I too am sorry if I hurt your feeling! I spent about two days searching on this forum trying to find info on programmers for my 2010 but didn't have much luck. I guess I was in disbelif that some company hadn't come out with a tuner in a year and a 1/2 for the 09/10 model trucks. Especially a company like EDGE. I've heard good things about them so that's the only reason I couldn't believe it and decided to ask! I'm a searcher/researcher, can't buy anything without knowing everything about a product I'm buying.

Maybe being beat down on posts like this has caused my self confidence level to drop so much that I didn't believe my suspensions that they may not be a Edge tuner available for my truck.
Posted at 1:05 pm:

Thanks MGDfan. To be honest, I never got down that far in his post because of the negative remarks. I shouldn't be suprised because most all car related forums all full of people like this. Lot's of cut throat, finger pointing and I know more about everything than anyone!

Hmmm. Very interesting. So which one is it? Ahh, never mind.

Once again, have a nice day and good luck in your search.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Global Moderator &

OK guys - knock it off! Shotgunz, I saw a real apology there, and it was posted AFTER the earlier response to MGDfan. And anyway, the OP really had no reason to apologize to you at all. He's hardly used to your humor like the rest of us are.

We're all cool here, so let's just let it go. It's all right to have fun, but please keep it at that level.

- Jack

Old 05-19-2010, 07:20 PM
No worrries Jack. All is good.

The "entourage" is taking over the asylum!

Old 05-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Thanks, buddy! I appreciate it and, I suspect f150perk will learn to appreciate your wit as much as the rest of us. (If he can get through the "initiation".)

- Jack

Old 05-19-2010, 09:06 PM
f150perk

You have to watch out from some of these guys, Shotgunz, MGDfan and a few others love beating on the new guys. Some of us come in here to look for some well needed info but instead find that this Ford forum was not the right choice to ask questions. I rarely comment but I see it all the time from these guys. It must be little man syndrome or they don't wear the pants at home and feel they need to make a guy looking for a straight up answer feel stupid. Also too many times does the moderator have to step in and either apologize for thier comments or say its ok and all out of (3 guys) humor. But what ever floats thier boat.

BTW

Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Global Moderator &

Please don't stir the pot, philmkraken. There's nothing to see, just move on....

- Jack

Old 05-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by philmkraken
f150perk

You have to watch out from some of these guys, Shotgunz, MGDfan and a few others love beating on the new guys. Some of us come in here to look for some well needed info but instead find that this Ford forum was not the right choice to ask questions. I rarely comment but I see it all the time from these guys. It must be little man syndrome or they don't wear the pants at home and feel they need to make a guy looking for a straight up answer feel stupid. Also too many times does the moderator have to step in and either apologize for thier comments or say its ok and all out of (3 guys) humor. But what ever floats thier boat.

BTW

Thanks Philmkraken, couldn't have said it better myself. I find your comments holds true on may auto web forums. You always have a few guys that like to **** on everyone, especially us new to the fourm guys. Part of the reason I don't usually post much either. I've been researching info on tuners for a few weeks now and noticed a couple of individuals "putting down" other posters and when I posted the above and got the neg comments. I couldn't take it, not because I'm thin skinned I just get sick of all those "AH-type" of individuals that get off making people feel stupid. I have a life and can't spend 13 hrs a day on this forum. I use it on my free time to look at stuff I enjoy. So much for the enjoyment now! This has been more like work and this is probably my last post on this forum. Thanks to mr. "you know who you are". Keep up the great work of making people feel stupid for asking a question. Good thing I'm not the mod for this site. I'd be giving you a warning and if you didn't change your tone, you'd be OUT!

Take care!

Quick Reply: Best price to buy Edge programmer