7 months and counting...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ehlersad
I talked to a guy named Lane. He said I was four or five trucks back on the 16th
When did you submit your paperwork? Mine was July of 2009.... Just curious to see how they manage triage with their online customers. I can see already that I was skipped by the OP of this thread (not his fault :P)... which is just messed up. You do the tunes in the order in which you receive them.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:31 PM
end of February

Old 06-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Haemon
When did you submit your paperwork? Mine was July of 2009.... Just curious to see how they manage triage with their online customers. I can see already that I was skipped by the OP of this thread (not his fault :P)... which is just messed up. You do the tunes in the order in which you receive them.

That is a correct statment , if the custom tuning paperwork had no errors and was correct as received. If there was email or telephone conversation between you and the sales rep at T.P. involving an information clarification or something, then you fall in place on the day that that information was received, changed, or whatever. Or at least that was the way it used to be when I was still involved with them.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Mike Troyer not giving out tunes in a timely fasion?

Say it aint so!

Sorry I just couldn't let a MT thread go untouched.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:47 PM
I was told YESTERDAY that they would either call me by the end of the day (was only 30 minutes left in their day... understandable.. somewhat) OR first thing this morning..... Guess what, no call yet. Somehow I doubt in the next 1 hour and 15 minutes they will call...

Glenn is the guy I spoke with BTW. I don't see what so hard about talking with Mike for all of but 1 minute... "Hey Mike... we've got this guy here, we've had his paperwork for about a year... he's on the phone and wants an update"...... BAM....... DONE...... Thats all she wrote. Why is something this simple so difficult to accomplish and return the calls of your customers?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Mike Troyer not giving out tunes in a timely fasion?

Say it aint so!

Sorry I just couldn't let a MT thread go untouched.
The ironic thing is that I used to jump all over any JDM thread. Yea, in the beginning when I was younger and dumber I tried his tuning. Then he tried to take a big dump on me when his chip failed while I was staging at a FFW Event and I looked for greener pastures. Not that he has not done some good things for this community, I just don't like his business practices. See why its so ironic

Old 06-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Well........ I got sick and tired of the ****, no call came in so I'm shooting them an email and asking them to cancel my order. I have instead called James over a "Tuning by James"..... He was the only tuner to pick up their phones... I mean come on!?? I called PHP, VMP, 5-Star... no answer. If your going to run a professional business you need to have someone to answer your phones, or at least have a voice mail that says who you are. I don't like to sound like the impatient customer with overwhelming expectations because I am not..... 1 years worth of waiting is living proof.

James answered the phone promptly and as I was calling him he was in them middle of reading and responding to an email I had just sent him (I decided to call him shortly after sending the email). He took all of my information over the phone, was nice enough to explain a few things to me and even sent me an electronic invoice. I've setup my requested tunes with him and was told I would receive them mid-day tomorrow..... Yes, a Saturday. So far..... and I know nothing of the guy other than my talking with him on the phone for roughly 30 minutes and a few emails..... He seems to be a very good guy, with a primary focus on building his reputation rather than his wait-list. Total cost for 3 tunes $125.00

87 Oct Performance
87 Oct Towing
90 Oct Performance

Once I get the tunes and find some time to load them and test them out i'll give you guys my feedback on them. I may have found some new blood for the forums in way of tuning

OHhh, and he just recently had his newly designed website put up... very simple and to the point! http://tuningbyjames.com/

Old 06-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I hope it works out well for you, but I would not trust my engine and transmission to someone based on the fact they had time to answer the phone when I happened to call. I would rathr go with someone that has a proven rep. Maybe he does and you know about it, and I just have not heard of him.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks Jay.

Yeah, he used to work for SCT training dealers how to use their software and do the tunes for SCT programmers. Someone had to take the plunge and try this guys out, and I guess I'm willing to take the bullet :O! Hopefully everything turns out well and I can let you guys know what the results are.

It wasn't that he had a whole bunch of time per say to answer the phone, its the fact that he did answer it. Also if he has a bit more time to concentrate on the quality of the tune vs being so backed up that a year later you try and fit a tune build in on your lunch break :P..... you know? So, I could be eating my words this weekend and find my truck going up in smoke but, I'm willing to try it carefully.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think James will work out well for you. He has the credentials and knowledge, no doubt. I see him on some of the tuning forums and he is very generous with his time in helping new self tuners... he keeps no secrets! Good luck.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Haemon, I glad you did what you did. There's no excuse for having to wait as long as you did or for me to get my tunes before you when you were 5+ months ahead of me. I just barked, and barked, and barked until they listened and delivered.
I really hope you like what James is going to do for you and I think it's awesome he only has a 1 day TAT. Definitely keep us posted on how the tunes work out for you.

On a side note. I let the wife drive the truck last night to see if she could tell a difference because it's been a while since she's driven it. She could definitely tell a power increase right away. Maybe I'm just too picky or something but she noticed it immediately and liked it. She said it was smoother too.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:23 PM
I got 1 of my tunes this morning, the 90 Oct Performance ...... Unfortunately i'm running 87 in it now and have another 1/2 tank to go until empty. He said he was working on the other two and would get me those a little bit later today. I'm excited to load these already but would rather wait for the 87 to match the fuel so I don't get the wrong impression. Let me know what I should be checking for when I load these tunes to make sure that its done right. Thanks

Old 06-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Haemon
I got 1 of my tunes this morning, the 90 Oct Performance ...... Unfortunately i'm running 87 in it now and have another 1/2 tank to go until empty. He said he was working on the other two and would get me those a little bit later today. I'm excited to load these already but would rather wait for the 87 to match the fuel so I don't get the wrong impression. Let me know what I should be checking for when I load these tunes to make sure that its done right. Thanks
Just like last years thread.
Threaten to cancel the order and wahla!!
Either MT keeps tabs on here or there's a mole?

Glad you got some acknowledgment by at least getting one of your tunes!

Old 06-27-2010, 02:18 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
Just like last years thread.
Threaten to cancel the order and wahla!!
Either MT keeps tabs on here or there's a mole?

Glad you got some acknowledgment by at least getting one of your tunes!
I think he means he got it from "Tuning by James". I think he cancelled the Troyer order.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I think he means he got it from "Tuning by James". I think he cancelled the Troyer order.
Whoops:doh:

Quick Reply: 7 months and counting...