Updated CS. Power levels missing.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated CS. Power levels missing.

Tired of PHP's lack of support, so I was bored last night and hooked up the CS to Fusion. Was prompted with Firmware and Calibration updates being available. So I went through the process of upgrading. Took about 20 minutes. So my custom tuned Gryphon CS was now back and updated to the latest Edge CS.

The CS(manual) lists the canned power levels as:
Economy
Towing
Performance
Extreme
Return to Stock

I was wanting to use the Performance tune, or maybe even the Economy. After updating and then installing. The power level choice are different, the 2 even missing.

They're listed/Dispalyed as:
Lv 0 - Stock
Lv 1 - Trans Only
Lv 2 - Towing
Lv 3 - Extreme

No Eco or Performance.

Any ideas where they are or what happened to them? How can I get the Eco and Performance canned tunes?

Thanks,
Rob

Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by LonestarROB
Tired of PHP's lack of support, so I was bored last night and hooked up the CS to Fusion. Was prompted with Firmware and Calibration updates being available. So I went through the process of upgrading. Took about 20 minutes. So my custom tuned Gryphon CS was now back and updated to the latest Edge CS.

The CS(manual) lists the canned power levels as:
Economy
Towing
Performance
Extreme
Return to Stock

I was wanting to use the Performance tune, or maybe even the Economy. After updating and then installing. The power level choice are different, the 2 even missing.

They're listed/Dispalyed as:
Lv 0 - Stock
Lv 1 - Trans Only
Lv 2 - Towing
Lv 3 - Extreme

No Eco or Performance.

Any ideas where they are or what happened to them? How can I get the Eco and Performance canned tunes?

Thanks,
Rob
That manual is generic:

"The CS/CTS Evolution typically has 4 levels, and each is tuned spe-
cifcally for diferent driving situations."
( spelling error is theirs, lol)

For yer specific truck looks like there is no Eco or Performance tunes available currently.

Rob - sorry - ya effed up - should have kept the custom tuning and waited ( patiently) fer PHP support. Most of these folks are BUSY.

Tried the PHP forum / phone call / email?

MGD

Old 09-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Rob - sorry - ya effed up - should have kept the custom tuning and waited ( patiently) fer PHP support. Most of these folks are BUSY.
Not really "effed up" because the Trans Only canned tuned is already better then the custom performance tune Bill gave me.

Tried the PHP forum / phone call / email?
More then 2 months ago. Just on this issue. Have had disappointing support in the past as well.

Thanks for the info though. I may contact Edge and see if they have anything to say.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Not really "effed up" because the Trans Only canned tuned is already better then the custom performance tune Bill gave me.

More then 2 months ago. Just on this issue. Have had disappointing support in the past as well.

Thanks for the info though. I may contact Edge and see if they have anything to say.
About what? As MGDFan pointed out, the manual is "generic" - it includes features found on the diesel models. Now if you want to fill your truck's tank with diesel fuel, go ahead. Then, you'd need to have a diesel CS, and then you'd want the Eco and Performance tunes. I guess you'd be able to "disable" your ignition system too.

And, I have to ask, how do you KNOW that the Trans Only canned tune is better than the custom performance tune?

- Jack

Old 09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
About what? As MGDFan pointed out, the manual is "generic" - it includes features found on the diesel models. Now if you want to fill your truck's tank with diesel fuel, go ahead. Then, you'd need to have a diesel CS, and then you'd want the Eco and Performance tunes. I guess you'd be able to "disable" your ignition system too.
I was just going to shoot them an email and ask if theres any plans or eta on releasing updates and such.

And, I have to ask, how do you KNOW that the Trans Only canned tune is better than the custom performance tune?

- Jack
Because I ran with the custom performance tune for a few weeks. It just lost all it's "umph" when Bill "fixed" my tune. Using the canned tune yesterday, It's pretty obvious improvement. Especially responsiveness of the gas peddle.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Office-678-890-1110
Fax-678-890-8119
Call them.........
Fax them........

You need to get this straightened out with them and not us.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
You need to get this straightened out with them and not us.
I know this, 88. I'm not asking anyone for help with the issues with PHP. I was just asking about the Edge CS power levels.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I know this, 88. I'm not asking anyone for help with the issues with PHP. I was just asking about the Edge CS power levels.
That darn generic manual likes to cornfuse people!
Edge should have one of each for the diesels and the gassers..........

Old 09-08-2010, 02:34 PM
No kidding!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Rob,

The last time I spoke (e-mailed) with you was on June 10th, when you had some issues with downloading your custom files. To the best of my knowledge, everything was resolved. If you were having issues beyond that point, I wasn't aware of it. As I explained to you then, we were having difficulty with our internal mail server and would frequently lose e-mails. We have since switch to a fully hosted server and the e-mails have been much more reliable.

As far as the menu disparity, the menu you described from the manual sounds like the menu for the Diesels. They frequently have 4 or 5 levels, whereas the gasoline vehicles only have 3. The programming choices you described are correct for a gas application.

If there's anything else we can help with, feel free to use our live online chat at http://techsupport.gopowerhungry.com and we'll be able to resolve any further concerns.

Take care.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by ASEMechanic
Rob,

The last time I spoke (e-mailed) with you was on June 10th, when you had some issues with downloading your custom files. To the best of my knowledge, everything was resolved. If you were having issues beyond that point, I wasn't aware of it. As I explained to you then, we were having difficulty with our internal mail server and would frequently lose e-mails. We have since switch to a fully hosted server and the e-mails have been much more reliable.
Hey Bill,

Last time I received a response from you was June 10th. In which I got the "tweaked" tunes from you. I replied to your email July 15th with...

Hey Bill,

Hope things are well. I have a couple questions/concerns. If you remember, I had ditch my S&B CAI and went with the Gotts mod. You made adjustments to my tunes to accommodate the change. I've given the new tunes some time now including a long recent vacation trip. This time has left me a little puzzled. I just don't feel the same power and performance gains that I felt with the original custom tunes and the S&B. Mostly the front end power/acceleration and the shift firmness. Any suggestions? Could something been missed or uploaded incorrectly?

Thanks for your time,
Rob
I haven't heard anything since. This had also been mentioned on the PHP forum a few times since as well.

I'll try the support Link you posted and see how that goes.

Regards,
Rob

Old 09-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Hey there Rob,

Bill's on the phone with a customer in Australia, so I'll jump in. He checked through all his e-mails earlier and didn't have anything after June. We have since change our e-mail handler, though, and we haven't been having nearly as many missing e-mails -- thank goodness!

As for the forum, Bill just doesn't get on as much as he'd like and usually only posts after something's been brought to his attention via the moderators or me.

We've started live online support during our regular phone hours (so Cody can help from Montana!). Within that system, you can also generate a Support Ticket. It's been working well because it's traceable. When one of us addresses an issue, we make a note, and we can follow it until the issue is closed. Another nice feature for us is that those types of things are all in one place and not in a random e-mail, post, or PM.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm talking to him now.

Quick Reply: Updated CS. Power levels missing.