Major CS/CTS Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010 | 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SportTractoF150
That is not the update in question shotgunz. The one we are discussing is GOING to be released some time this month. The one you posted up was released in September it appears. At least that's what I gathered from the email I received and the picture you posted up.
Originally Posted by XtremeBawls
I believe you are correct. As far as I can tell, the update in the email i received is not out as of yet...unless shotgunz knows something we don't?

My bad. I had to flash to stock this morning to adjust my tire size and I incorrectly assumed the update I downloaded this morning was the one ya;ll were talking about.

Sorry.

Old 10-09-2010 | 09:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by shotgunz
My bad. I had to flash to stock this morning to adjust my tire size and I incorrectly assumed the update I downloaded this morning was the one ya;ll were talking about.

Sorry.

^^^

I just reflash the same tune if I need to change anything ... no need to go to stock.

MGD

Old 10-09-2010 | 09:34 PM
Now that's an idea (i.e., duh, why didn't I think of that). I need to see if the CTS will let me do that.

Thanks MGD!

6 for you!

Old 10-09-2010 | 09:44 PM
|
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ It does shotgunz, I can vouch for that.

Old 10-09-2010 | 09:49 PM
Thanks extreme!

6 for you too!

Old 10-09-2010 | 10:33 PM
Global Moderator &
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Have you checked to see what ratio yours is at Jack? Does it match up with your correct gears by default or did you have to switch it manually? My speedo seems to be reading correctly, and you would think 3.31 compared to 3.73 would make a pretty significant difference in speedo accuracy.
I honestly do not recall if I had to set the GR or if it was already correct. But I THINK it shows my 3.73 gears as "stock". And, my old Gryphon also gave me that number as the "placeholder" value, so, I never had to change them on it.

Yes, a 3.31 setting that should have been 3.73 should cause a 12.7% error. That IS significant.

But again, the effect is more noticeable at higher speed. At an indicated speed of 25 mph, your speed error is about 3 mph. At 75 mph indicated, the error is about 9.5 mph.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 10-09-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-10-2010 | 12:18 AM
|
Well I drive 4-6 hours of interstate a week so you would think I would notice something that significant. I wonder if maybe it is a glitch on the programmers part?

Old 10-10-2010 | 11:57 AM
Global Moderator &
Well I drive 4-6 hours of interstate a week so you would think I would notice something that significant. I wonder if maybe it is a glitch on the programmers part?
Here's a thought that may be totally out to lunch. The 04+ truck was a fairly big redesign from the 03 model. If, on the 03 truck the speed sensor was mounted so that it "sees" revolutions of the rear axle, it would not matter what gears you had. An error would only be caused by an incorrect tire size.

But, if on the 04+ truck the speed sensor is mounted so that it sees driveshaft revolutions, then the speed is inferred based on both tire size AND gearing.

As I said though, I simply don't know how this is designed. Only that the speed sensor is mounted somewhere close to the differential.

- Jack

Old 10-10-2010 | 03:55 PM
|
You might be on to something Jack, I think i might just give PHP a call this week and see what they have to say.

Old 10-10-2010 | 08:55 PM
Guys - the sensor on the pumpkin is the rear ABS sensor.

The VSS (vehicle speed sensor) is on the tailshaft, same place as it's always been OBS to NBS...

I think!

MGD

Old 10-10-2010 | 10:22 PM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Guys - the sensor on the pumpkin is the rear ABS sensor.

The VSS (vehicle speed sensor) is on the tailshaft, same place as it's always been OBS to NBS...

I think!

MGD
As I said, I was just offering a W.A.G. to explain why he didn't see any difference in the speed indication with the wrong gear ratio applied. And, I've never tried putting in an incorrect ratio in my truck to see if it would make a difference.

Others seem to find there IS a difference though. And, I can certainly see making a software adjustment for a change in gears over a hardware one like they have to do up until the late 90 models, since the PCM did not do any "conversions".

It would really make more sense to me to have the VSS look at the axle itself, because then you could change gears any old way you wanted and it wouldn't make any difference (provided you adjusted for Tire Size).

But, MDG, I suspect you're right on the VSS location.

- Jack

Old 10-10-2010 | 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
As I said, I was just offering a W.A.G. to explain why he didn't see any difference in the speed indication with the wrong gear ratio applied. And, I've never tried putting in an incorrect ratio in my truck to see if it would make a difference.

Others seem to find there IS a difference though. And, I can certainly see making a software adjustment for a change in gears over a hardware one like they have to do up until the late 90 models, since the PCM did not do any "conversions".

It would really make more sense to me to have the VSS look at the axle itself, because then you could change gears any old way you wanted and it wouldn't make any difference (provided you adjusted for Tire Size).

But, MDG, I suspect you're right on the VSS location.

- Jack

I'm not so sure you aren't right ... over the years these trucks have used one or two sensors, have used the rear ABS sensor for both speed and ABS data, and called the tranny sensor the OSS, and the speed portion of the ABS sensor the VSS signal! I am confuded

Need Steve83's, SScully's or Jbrew's input ... (pagin' you-know-who, lol)

That's some insightful thinkin' there boss!

MGD

Old 10-15-2010 | 10:25 AM
So anyone have any idea when this "major" update will be released? Is there any way to find out other than plugging my Gryphon in to Fusion? I'm still waiting on my custom tunes from PHP from more than 3 months ago, so maybe I'll be able to get the new update before I get the tunes I paid for.

On a side note, anyone else had an issue with PHP never responding to emails or trouble requests? I've been trying to get an update for the past month on my tunes and can't get anyone to respond to me at all. I have never received an email response from them since I sent them my money for a CS and 3 tunes back in July and have not gotten a helpful response via any other communication method either.

Old 10-15-2010 | 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by poonjahb
On a side note, anyone else had an issue with PHP never responding to emails or trouble requests? I've been trying to get an update for the past month on my tunes and can't get anyone to respond to me at all. I have never received an email response from them since I sent them my money for a CS and 3 tunes back in July and have not gotten a helpful response via any other communication method either.
Customer support seems to be php's biggest issue. However they have a new Live Help that is night and day better then anything they've ever had before.

Try this link, sign up, and use Live Support.

LINK

Old 10-15-2010 | 10:59 AM
Yeah, that didn't get me anywhere either. I chatted with Cody in Montana, then waited for over half an hour while he tried to get a response from anyone in Georgia with no luck. Still didn't get anywhere with it. I submitted a trouble ticket through that site over a week ago as well and have not gotten any response at all on it. I understand that they are busy but can't believe that they can completely ignore a customer that paid them $580 over three months ago and is still waiting on what I paid for. I'm not asking for Bill to rush it and get my tunes done today, I'm just asking for some sort of resposne that at least they acknowledge that I exist and am still on a list somewhere.

Quick Reply: Major CS/CTS Update