Major CS/CTS Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010 | 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing
Trolls and thread crappers are members of a forum who publically complain about a service they get from a forum sponser or non forum sponser.

You do realize that there is a cheers and jeers section in this forum and if any complaints were to be made they should be addressed there instead of hijacking a thread?

Think it
Type it
Post it
But
Think of where........

Anything to add to the CS CTS update while you're ranting..........
I am holding off on any updates or changes until I get the PHP tune - I don't want to create any problems and have to start the process all over again for some unknown reason.

I will concede your point about the proper place to post - however, the thread was pretty far off topic from the start - it does not make it right, just stating the obvious. Also, the troll comment just set me off because our definitions differ. Here is what Wiki has to say:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I did not see my comments as really trying to provoke anyone - but the thread was moving off topic. Anyway, in my book, and according to wiki, you have to try to "be a jack a$$" just to "be a jack a$$" to be a troll. I did not feel that was my intent, as it is a legitimate concern - so I hope you can see why the troll comment pushed some buttons.

Old 10-15-2010 | 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by XtremeBawls

you should have known before you ordered that you would be waiting and that their feedback can be slow at times...in which case you should have gone with a different company.
To that point, the delivery date on my invoice is stated as the end of August (in bold red letters). I also called in advance and was told 4-6 weeks - not sure what more I could do to get an accurate ETA upfront. I generally try to take someone's word. Sorry to hijack - but I did want to address your post.

To the point of the thread - I don't want to do the Edge update until I get the PHP tune.

Old 10-15-2010 | 07:38 PM
Global Moderator &
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by poonjahb
Yeah, that didn't get me anywhere either. I chatted with Cody in Montana, then waited for over half an hour while he tried to get a response from anyone in Georgia with no luck. Still didn't get anywhere with it. I submitted a trouble ticket through that site over a week ago as well and have not gotten any response at all on it. I understand that they are busy but can't believe that they can completely ignore a customer that paid them $580 over three months ago and is still waiting on what I paid for. I'm not asking for Bill to rush it and get my tunes done today, I'm just asking for some sort of resposne that at least they acknowledge that I exist and am still on a list somewhere.
Poonjahb - when you say you've paid $580 three months ago and are still waiting on what you paid for, I don't think you're being quite accurate. It looks like you HAVE received the "hardware" and you can certainly be using the canned tunes on it.

Next, it's very possible your tunes ARE done, but that your spam blocker interfered with PHP's email telling you so. This has happened many times. If your tunes are ready, you just plug into Fusion (with your truck at stock) and the tunes are put on your CS/CTS. If they aren't ready, it won't hurt to plug into Fusion anyway, because you'll just upload the firmware updates.

- Jack

Old 10-15-2010 | 07:40 PM
Global Moderator &
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by folkxrock
To that point, the delivery date on my invoice is stated as the end of August (in bold red letters). I also called in advance and was told 4-6 weeks - not sure what more I could do to get an accurate ETA upfront. I generally try to take someone's word. Sorry to hijack - but I did want to address your post.

To the point of the thread - I don't want to do the Edge update until I get the PHP tune.
Why not? This is the way you SHOULD do it. If you wait until you get your custom tune on the server, the Edge update is going to wipe it out. What are you waiting for?

If you do it they way you are saying, you WILL create problems.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 10-15-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 10-15-2010 | 07:59 PM
|
Yeah, folkxrock, you want to update as often as possible until your custom tunes are in...after you have custom tunes you want to update ONLY when a major update is out or unless otherwise instructed by PHP. Updating after you have a custom tune will overwrite your custom tunes and they will have to be uploaded to fusion again by PHP.

Old 10-15-2010 | 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Why not? This is the way you SHOULD do it. If you wait until you get your custom tune on the server, the Edge update is going to wipe it out. What are you waiting for?

If you do it they way you are saying, you WILL create problems.

- Jack
Thanks for the info - I just did not want to make changes and have some parameter incorrect and the new tune not work - and be 10 months getting the PHP tune (I usually don't keep my vehicles very long - so that would be pushing it).

I will go ahead and do the Edge update this weekend.

Thanks again

Old 10-18-2010 | 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Poonjahb - when you say you've paid $580 three months ago and are still waiting on what you paid for, I don't think you're being quite accurate. It looks like you HAVE received the "hardware" and you can certainly be using the canned tunes on it.

Next, it's very possible your tunes ARE done, but that your spam blocker interfered with PHP's email telling you so. This has happened many times. If your tunes are ready, you just plug into Fusion (with your truck at stock) and the tunes are put on your CS/CTS. If they aren't ready, it won't hurt to plug into Fusion anyway, because you'll just upload the firmware updates.

- Jack
Jack,

You are correct, I have received the hardware, but was told not to run the canned tunes due to current mods on the truck by PHP. I am currently using the custom tunes from my SCT X2 and the CS has basically been just a display sitting on my dash. I did plug into Fusion and update last week, but did not know if there was an easy way to tell if the custom tunes are loaded.

As far as the email, I have my own domain and monitor my spam folder quite closely on a daily basis, so it has not been blocked.

Old 10-18-2010 | 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy This is dissapointing

Confirms my earlier suspicions.

Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 11:13
To: XXX
Subject: RE: Edge Products Contact Form

(this text is from another e-mail he sent after sending the first):

That email was explaining our new Maintenance Manager that will allow you to set reminders of when to do specific maintenance procedures on the truck. That is what that email was about.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from but at this time there are no plans for any such update on the schedule. Currently the Evolution does not program the truck's TCM therefore we cannot change the shifting characteristics of the transmission. We are working on being able to program the TCM of the truck but we do not have a timeframe of if/when this will happen.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Edge Products Technical Support
1080 S. Depot Drive
Ogden, UT 84404
Toll Free: 888-360-3343
Local: 801-476-3343
Tech Fax: 801-337-2198
Email: tech@edgeproducts.com
www.edgeproducts.com
GR

*** Due to the large volume of e-mail we receive, PLEASE include previous e-mails when responding. This will allow us to read the complete dialogue in one message and will result in quicker responses. Thanks! ***

Sent: Mon 10/18/10 8:56 AM
To: Edge Tech

I’m sorry, I guess I wasn’t clear.

I heard through the grapevine (someone received an e-mail from Edge and posted it on F150online.com) that there was a big update coming for the CS/CTS to add features for the 09-10 F150. This update was supposed to come out in October.

I’m hoping this rumored update will add a number of the missing features (missing as in they are available for the 04-08 on the Evolution), such as:

WOT (Wide Open Throttle) Shifting
Standard (Std.) Shifting
Shift Firmness
Rev. Limiter
Timing Adjustment
WOT Fuel
AVG MPG (not instantaneous)

If the October update is not going to add these features, when does Edge planning on adding them?

Thank you.

Old 10-18-2010 | 12:56 PM
Unhappy

Update to the above:

The ones we are working on are the ones I listed bellow. At this time these are the only ones we plan to release.

1080 S. Depot Drive
Ogden, UT 84404
www.edgeproducts.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon 10/18/10 10:41 AM
To: Edge Tech

Thanks for checking.

FYI, the 09-10 F150 CS/CTS already has these options:
Speed Limiter
Tire Size
Gear Ratio

So Edge isn't working on these and there's no plan to?
WOT (Wide Open Throttle) Shifting
Standard (Std.) Shifting
Shift Firmness
Timing Adjustment
AVG MPG PID (not instantaneous)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 12:32
To: XXX

I did some checking and turns out we are working on a few custom options for these trucks. The customer options that will be available are:

WOT Fueling
Idle
Rev Limiter
Speed Limiter
Gear Ratio
Tire Size

1080 S. Depot Drive
Ogden, UT 84404
www.edgeproducts.com

Old 10-18-2010 | 01:04 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You may now refer to my previous post recommending SCT.

Edge, I do not trust.

Y'all have been grossly mislead. Period.

Yer in my thoughts Shotgunz.

MGD

Old 10-18-2010 | 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan

Edge, I do not trust.

Y'all have been grossly mislead. Period.

MGD
I don't disagree. If I didn't want the fancy-smancy real-time PID displays, SCT was my choice.

I gotta wonder does SCT REALLY re-program the TCM on the 09-10s... I mean Edge certainly has the resources (I think) to re-program the TCM; why have they elected NOT to when SCT has?

Somethin' just don't smell right (and it might simply be my decision to buy the Edge).

Old 10-18-2010 | 01:27 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by shotgunz
I don't disagree. If I didn't want the fancy-smancy real-time PID displays, SCT was my choice.

I gotta wonder does SCT REALLY re-program the TCM on the 09-10s... I mean Edge certainly has the resources (I think) to re-program the TCM; why have they elected NOT to when SCT has?

Somethin' just don't smell right (and it might simply be my decision to buy the Edge).
Sir.

Emails (or phone calls) to TP, and/or VMP will confirm this.

I do believe however, that member Smokewagun (for one), already has via direct experience. Both SOTP and observation of the 'TCM loading' portion of the reflash ... ( point: remember you folks noticed how fast yer reflash was as opposed to Smoke's loooong wait time? Hmmm? )

To my mind, this does not infer or imply that SCT has chosen to expose transmission end-user adjustments, if this is not the tuner himself implementing those restrictions (as the software allows them to do).

In short - the absence of any adjustments does not preclude the possibility or likelihood that TCM tuning is in point of fact implemented.

I am wondering... for as long as Edge has been monitoring this forum, and with occasional posting participation from their staff, why they did not clarify this issue ( to either affirm or refute) when it was first mentioned. It's been 'in the wild' on here for some time now and is obviously of concern to 09+ truck owners.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 10-18-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-18-2010 | 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Sir.

I do believe however, that member Smokewagun (for one), already has via direct experience. Both SOTP and observation of the 'TCM loading' portion of the reflash ... ( point: remember you folks noticed how fast yer reflash was as opposed to Smoke's loooong wait time? Hmmm? )

To my mind, this does not infer or imply that SCT has chosen to expose transmission end-user adjustments, if this is not the tuner himself implementing those restrictions (as the software allows them to do).

In short - the absence of any adjustments does not preclude the possibility or likelihood that TCM tuning is in point of fact implemented.

MGD
Duh! I forgot about the 45 minute flash time!

To be honest, I don't know that I would change the transmission values even if I had access to them from the custom options menu.

I also don't know if Bill's custom tunes will change those values. Numerous posts (re: programming the TCM) on PHP's forum have gone unanswered.

What I am really irked about is that Edge doesn't CLEARLY disclose (and I did ask Edge and PHP quite a few times) what can and cannot be changed via

1) the canned tune
2) the custom options and
3) custom tuning

However, I made the choice, so I must accept responsibility for not getting answers to these questions BEFORE I purchased. I have no excuse for my haste!

Rest assured I will do my best to make sure others are better informed than me.

Let me say, however, that I am not displeased with the CTS's performance to-date (on Edge's canned tunes) on my truck. I just feel like I paid for a Lincoln and they delivered a Dodge/Fiat.

Old 10-18-2010 | 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
Trolls and thread crappers are members of a forum who publically complain about a service they get from a forum sponser or non forum sponser.

You do realize that there is a cheers and jeers section in this forum and if any complaints were to be made they should be addressed there instead of hijacking a thread?

Think it
Type it
Post it
But
Think of where........

Anything to add to the CS CTS update while you're ranting..........

I sent in my order form in July with my truck info. Never got a confirmation about it, never had payment processed. I sent in 3 emails asking if they had received it and also made a message on their forums. I have yet to have any info back from it, I have considered it a lost cause. I dont even care how good they are anymore, they are the nicest people to talk to but 3.5 months is too long. Plus they were having a sale at the time (was going to be just under 100 for my tunes) that I doubt the would honor now. I am not a troll and I am not here to crap on them. As I said they are VERY nice people but when I had 120.00 with their name on it and all because they cant answer 1 of 5 responses I dont see how I need to chase THEM for MY business.

As for the edge update, if all they do is upgrade to metric units that would make me happy. Any updates on this?

Last edited by the_cosworth; 10-18-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-18-2010 | 03:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by the_cosworth
I sent in my order form in July with my truck info. Never got a confirmation about it, never had payment processed. I sent in 3 emails asking if they had received it and also made a message on their forums. I have yet to have any info back from it, I have considered it a lost cause. I dont even care how good they are anymore, they are the nicest people to talk to but 3.5 months is too long. Plus they were having a sale at the time (was going to be just under 100 for my tunes) that I doubt the would honor now. I am not a troll and I am not here to crap on them. As I said they are VERY nice people but when I had 120.00 with their name on it and all because they cant answer 1 of 5 responses I dont see how I need to chase THEM for MY business.

As for the edge update, if all they do is upgrade to metric units that would make me happy. Any updates on this?
I'm not disagreeing with you at all sir.
PHP SUPPORT>>http://www.readydeskhosted.com/phptu...r/rdlogin.aspx

The disagreeing comes into play, that it becomes a he said she said fest. With people complaining on a public forum and their critiques on how to run a business.

Last edited by 88racing; 10-18-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Major CS/CTS Update