Major CS/CTS Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010 | 10:13 PM
|
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major CS/CTS Update

Alright guys, just got an update from Edge about a Major update. Here it is:

CS and CTS Platform Update

Coming in October is a major software upgrade to all CS and CTS model Attitude, Evolution, and Insight devices. Complete with enhanced vehicle parameters (PIDs) for Cummins, Hemi, and Jeep owners, metric units of measure, and Maintenance Manager software, the new software version for all CS and CTS devices is sure to be a hit.

With the all-new Maintenance Manager software, create and manage your ideal maintenance schedule from a comprehensive list of vehicle maintenance items including air filter, axle fluid, air filter, engine coolant, oil, fuel filter, spark plugs, transmission fluid, brake pads, tires, and more!

Once the new software version is released, it will be available for download right from your computer using the Edge Fusion software.

More information is coming soon!
It says it's a major update to ALL CS/CTS units, but then goes on to say it has enhanced PIDs for Cummins, Hemi, and Jeep owners. So i assume all units get something out of the updated, but the Cummins, Hemi, and Jeep units will be getting something "extra" that the rest wont?

Oh and also, i noticed the other day my custom tune gear ratio is set to 3.31, but I have 3.73's. My speedometer seems to be reading correct though, anyone have a thought on that? (Just to clarify, I have a Gryphon CTS)

Old 10-07-2010 | 11:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by XtremeBawls
i noticed the other day my custom tune gear ratio is set to 3.31, but I have 3.73's. My speedometer seems to be reading correct though, anyone have a thought on that? (Just to clarify, I have a Gryphon CTS)
My Edge does the same thing, it always shows 3.31's until i change it to 3.55.

Old 10-08-2010 | 02:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My CS was showing 3.73 until I changed it to 3.55

Old 10-08-2010 | 07:27 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Just remember if you have a CS/CTS from PHP along with custom tunes and want to update you'll need to contact Bill so he can reload your custom tunes on edges server.

Old 10-08-2010 | 07:30 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
With the all-new Maintenance Manager software, create and manage your ideal maintenance schedule from a comprehensive list of vehicle maintenance items including air filter, axle fluid, air filter, engine coolant, oil, fuel filter, spark plugs, transmission fluid, brake pads, tires, and more!
Sounds like useless clutter to me. This is a vehicle programmer, not a general purpose computer. Use a friggin; spreadsheet to track all that other crap - most folks who have one of these already own a 'puter or three.....

It also sounds like they are (still) ignoring the things still missing that the previous modesl had. ( I'm not gonna rehash it here - y'all can just go search for it).

IMHO - I would rather see them address the core functionality and UI improvements to reduce all the confusion with settings - and from all of the posts related to this, don't tell me folks is not confuded - (additional pop-up help screens where needed, sanity-checking for inappropriate data inputs, entry of TS / GR in ony ONE place, etc), than go off on this dumb tangent.

Learn to walk before you run, Edge. What - you trying to emulate Microsoft?

MG 'effinD

(courtesy of Sir Shotgunz)

Last edited by MGDfan; 10-08-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-08-2010 | 07:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I totally agree MGDfan.......

It like getting the fluff with no stuff!

Old 10-08-2010 | 07:41 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 88racing

Thank-you!

MGD

Old 10-08-2010 | 12:55 PM
Global Moderator &
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Duplicate posts removed.

Back on subject: I would not be in a hurry to do a firmware update here. This is NOT like the email addressed specifically to me that I got telling me about an update that improved the longevity of the LCD screen. This seems much more vehicle "non-specific" or, seems to be improving how the programmer works with vehicles we don't have. I don't intend to apply the update.

If it bothers you though, call Edge Tech Support. Tell them you have an Edge CS/CTS in an f150 and you want to know if the update is something you should apply. (Don't mention the word "Gryphon" here - it tends to confuse them.)

And, as 88Racing said, if you DO apply the update, Bill will have to reload your custom tunes on the Fusion server after you do it (if you have custom tunes.)

- Jack

Old 10-08-2010 | 09:39 PM
|
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
My Edge does the same thing, it always shows 3.31's until i change it to 3.55.
Originally Posted by SportTractoF150
My CS was showing 3.73 until I changed it to 3.55
So did either of you guys notice any difference when switching it? Maybe I should give Bill a call and see if he knows the reason for the strange gear ratio numbers.

Originally Posted by MGDfan
Sounds like useless clutter to me. This is a vehicle programmer, not a general purpose computer. Use a friggin; spreadsheet to track all that other crap - most folks who have one of these already own a 'puter or three.....

It also sounds like they are (still) ignoring the things still missing that the previous modesl had. ( I'm not gonna rehash it here - y'all can just go search for it).

IMHO - I would rather see them address the core functionality and UI improvements to reduce all the confusion with settings - and from all of the posts related to this, don't tell me folks is not confuded - (additional pop-up help screens where needed, sanity-checking for inappropriate data inputs, entry of TS / GR in ony ONE place, etc), than go off on this dumb tangent.

Learn to walk before you run, Edge. What - you trying to emulate Microsoft?

I don't know if either of you guy's have had any first-hand experience with the new line of programmers, but they are quite straight-forward to use. The tire size and gear ratio settings are adjustable from an easy-to-access screen and the tire size allows you to adjust based on multiple measurement formats, all of which is followed up by a friendly little screen that informs you on what has been/needs to be done to complete the changes. Maybe good 'ole MGD just can't handle this new fangled technology? ...only kidding MGD, I agree there are still things that need to be changed.

I'd really like to see that average fuel mileage PID...

Just remember if you have a CS/CTS from PHP along with custom tunes and want to update you'll need to contact Bill so he can reload your custom tunes on edges server.
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Duplicate posts removed.

Back on subject: I would not be in a hurry to do a firmware update here. This is NOT like the email addressed specifically to me that I got telling me about an update that improved the longevity of the LCD screen. This seems much more vehicle "non-specific" or, seems to be improving how the programmer works with vehicles we don't have. I don't intend to apply the update.

If it bothers you though, call Edge Tech Support. Tell them you have an Edge CS/CTS in an f150 and you want to know if the update is something you should apply. (Don't mention the word "Gryphon" here - it tends to confuse them.)

And, as 88Racing said, if you DO apply the update, Bill will have to reload your custom tunes on the Fusion server after you do it (if you have custom tunes.)

- Jack
Thanks, guys, for pointing out that Bill will have to reload the tunes, I'm sure some will forget that and i forgot to mention it. Should probably also mention that you need to switch back to the stock tune before updating. Would hate for anyone to have to go through the hassle of recovering a PCM.

Oh and Jack, I agree that it is probably not that important of an update for us. I might decide to give Edge a call, but will probably just hold off.

Old 10-08-2010 | 09:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So did either of you guys notice any difference when switching it?
I cant notice a difference at all when i change it from 3.31 to 3.55

Old 10-09-2010 | 05:41 AM
Oh and Jack, I agree that it is probably not that important of an update for us. I might decide to give Edge a call, but will probably just hold off.
No reason to call. The update is for GM calibrations:

Firmware Description:

Release 2.1.3875 8/12/2010
Ford - F-150 2009-2010
GM - 2010 4.8,5.3,6.0,6.2

Calibration Description:

Manually Released - 09/13/2010

New Stock Files Supported:

GM Gas CAN: 12620803.bin, 24256195.bin, 12630312.bin, 12620762.bin, 12620838.bin, 12620744.bin, 12620675.bin, 24255707.bin.

Old 10-09-2010 | 11:34 AM
Global Moderator &
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
I cant notice a difference at all when i change it from 3.31 to 3.55
The only change you'd see would be in speed indications. It SHOULD make your speedometer read slower (about 7% I think) compared to the 3.31 setting. Depending on your speed, you may not notice that at all.

- Jack

Old 10-09-2010 | 02:48 PM
|
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
The only change you'd see would be in speed indications. It SHOULD make your speedometer read slower (about 7% I think) compared to the 3.31 setting. Depending on your speed, you may not notice that at all.

- Jack
Have you checked to see what ratio yours is at Jack? Does it match up with your correct gears by default or did you have to switch it manually? My speedo seems to be reading correctly, and you would think 3.31 compared to 3.73 would make a pretty significant difference in speedo accuracy.

Old 10-09-2010 | 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by shotgunz
No reason to call. The update is for GM calibrations:

That is not the update in question shotgunz. The one we are discussing is GOING to be released some time this month. The one you posted up was released in September it appears. At least that's what I gathered from the email I received and the picture you posted up.

Old 10-09-2010 | 04:39 PM
|
Originally Posted by SportTractoF150
That is not the update in question shotgunz. The one we are discussing is GOING to be released some time this month. The one you posted up was released in September it appears. At least that's what I gathered from the email I received and the picture you posted up.
I believe you are correct. As far as I can tell, the update in the email i received is not out as of yet...unless shotgunz knows something we don't?

Quick Reply: Major CS/CTS Update