Corey from PHP

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:37 PM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Jack - this person is in Korea, so calling is not a good option.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you guys, i'll give that a shot if i can get the time during business hrs.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just an observation, and I mean no harm just very ironic.

When Mike Troyer's response to orders fell off due to a boom in business, people waited in line here to crucify him. Of course nobody realizes that Mike broke his back in about 5 places, couldn't walk for almost 2 years, and was President of the Cronic Pain Association, to which he was donating a great deal of his profits from his performance business. He didn't want anyone to know his perils. And I should not be revealing them, but feel the need to.

Then along comes PHP that has slowed in their responses to customers orders, have posted their illnesses and personal business wows here for all to see. And has anyone even spoke a bad word about them like they did with Mike? Hell no.

I don't know the people at PHP, I do feel sorry for all they have been through, and mean them absolutely NO harm in my statement. I am only stating what I see and how damn unfair these boards can be.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:51 PM
glc
Marc, anyone who promises a product in a certain period of time and cannot deliver without providing any explanation is GOING to get crucified. Mike needs to be more forthcoming or he is going to continue to be slammed. Being an "insider" you continue to defend the man with no logical explanation. You have now provided a very reasonable explanation, but from a business standpoint Mike and his staff is handling the huge wait times ALL WRONG. You better believe PHP is going to be treated a lot differently because they ARE forthcoming about issues.

Your statement that nobody has spoken a bad word about PHP is incorrect. There's been quite a bit of grumbling lately - just like there was when Mike's wait times started to skyrocket and deliveries started to become late.

There's a bit of a corollary here - we have some people pitching fits about their new Ecoboost trucks just sitting in the yard at Dearborn "waiting to be shipped". Apparently Ford has them on hold for an UNDISCLOSED defect and is sidestepping all inquiries. People are starting to get pretty irate. That's pretty much the same situation with Troyer orders - promised in 6 months, and now it's almost a year with NO explanation from the company.

Last edited by glc; 03-22-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by glc
Marc, anyone who promises a product in a certain period of time and cannot deliver without providing any explanation is GOING to get crucified. Mike needs to be more forthcoming or he is going to continue to be slammed. Being an "insider" you continue to defend the man with no logical explanation. You have now provided a very reasonable explanation, but from a business standpoint Mike and his staff is handling the huge wait times ALL WRONG. You better believe PHP is going to be treated a lot differently because they ARE forthcoming about issues.

Your statement that nobody has spoken a bad word about PHP is incorrect. There's been quite a bit of grumbling lately - just like there was when Mike's wait times started to skyrocket and deliveries started to become late.

There's a bit of a corollary here - we have some people pitching fits about their new Ecoboost trucks just sitting in the yard at Dearborn "waiting to be shipped". Apparently Ford has them on hold for an UNDISCLOSED defect and is sidestepping all inquiries. People are starting to get pretty irate. That's pretty much the same situation with Troyer orders - promised in 6 months, and now it's almost a year with NO explanation from the company.
I fully understand what you are saying.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
From what I read around here, I wonder if there is any tuner around who runs a tight ship in terms of customer service.....??? I understand that there are perils to running a small business, but I have to admit that I'm a tad leary about spending money in this area of my truck because of how these businesses seem to be run......

Old 03-22-2011, 10:25 PM
glc
That's why if I ever decide to get a programmer and custom tunes, I will make an appointment and travel to the tuner's shop. I know not many people have that luxury, but I do.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:14 AM
I can only imagine how swamped the PHP office is going to be after a week of the shop being closed.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
Just an observation, and I mean no harm just very ironic.

When Mike Troyer's response to orders fell off due to a boom in business, people waited in line here to crucify him. Of course nobody realizes that Mike broke his back in about 5 places, couldn't walk for almost 2 years, and was President of the Cronic Pain Association, to which he was donating a great deal of his profits from his performance business. He didn't want anyone to know his perils. And I should not be revealing them, but feel the need to.

Then along comes PHP that has slowed in their responses to customers orders, have posted their illnesses and personal business wows here for all to see. And has anyone even spoke a bad word about them like they did with Mike? Hell no.

I don't know the people at PHP, I do feel sorry for all they have been through, and mean them absolutely NO harm in my statement. I am only stating what I see and how damn unfair these boards can be.
If they cant deliver stop taking orders. It sound like they are well enough to ask about your credit card info. Just saying

Old 03-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by craneman
If they cant deliver stop taking orders. It sound like they are well enough to ask about your credit card info. Just saying
x2

Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by craneman
Or people could do a little research and think, "oh this company is swamped and is having long wait times, I don't want to wait, maybe I should go somewhere else."

But I guess it is easier to blame someone else, ya know, since information is sooo hard to find around here.

Just sayin'

Old 03-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Longshot270
Or people could do a little research and think, "oh this company is swamped and is having long wait times, I don't want to wait, maybe I should go somewhere else."

But I guess it is easier to blame someone else, ya know, since information is sooo hard to find around here.

Just sayin'
very well put longshot, people only have themselves to blame , they know how things are run there, but yet they'll order and blame php....

Old 03-24-2011, 01:40 PM
I agree 100% with the last 2 posts.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Don't know who i talked to at PHP....gotta say....EXTREMELY nice gentleman and they got me squared away. now i can relax and look forward to wasting more gas when i get home and get my foot on the pedal

Old 03-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by flavtfan
Don't know who i talked to at PHP....gotta say....EXTREMELY nice gentleman and they got me squared away. now i can relax and look forward to wasting more gas when i get home and get my foot on the pedal
Good to hear!

Quick Reply: Corey from PHP