For those with an edge evo programmer

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those with an edge evo programmer

I am really a big fan of power when it comes to my truck and well i have the edge evo programmer, a slp blackwing dual intake system, flowmasters, an e-fan from flex a lite and underdrive pulleys from troyer performance i love going to the 1/8 mile here in midland, texas. I was wondering if any of you like to race your truck and have an edge programmer if you do please give me advice in what to custom tune mine to. If not than tell me on what you set yours at. Also for the guys out there that have a good tune that saves gas and gives a good enough kick at wide open throttle. Let me know what you set yours at and give me a more or less MPG rate. Thank you

Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 PM
For those of you with an edge programmer!

I am really a big fan of power when it comes to my truck and well i have the edge evo programmer, a slp blackwing dual intake system, flowmasters, an e-fan from flex a lite and underdrive pulleys from troyer performance i love going to the 1/8 mile here in midland, texas. I was wondering if any of you like to race your truck and have an edge programmer if you do please give me advice in what to custom tune mine to. If not than tell me on what you set yours at. Also for the guys out there that have a good tune that saves gas and gives a good enough kick at wide open throttle. Let me know what you set yours at and give me a more or less MPG rate. Thank you

Old 04-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I have a Gryphon with custom tunes. I have a SI/DO Magnaflow catr back system, CAI, with 33x12.5x20 tires and it moves very well. With all of the mods you have, I would strongly suggest an upgrade to the Gryphon with a custom tune from PHP!!! Just a thought. Check out their web site.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
You are asking all the wrong questions. If you are running a CAI on a 2004 5.4 3v with Edge canned tunes, you are very likely running lean. You need custom tunes to keep from running lean, plus, it is only with a custom tune that you really get full benefit from the CAI. Lastly, forget aftermarket COPs, the stockers are more than adequate. The only good reason for replacing them is if they start going bad.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:29 PM
bring ur edge to Power hungry performance and get it converted to accept custom tunes you will thank me.. you could get a custom tune for ur truck and the mods you have to get the most out of them.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out the Chips/Tuner section of the site. There is plenty of info there with lots of different setting that guys run with the edge evo.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:45 AM
First of all thank you for replying and Yea I had no clue what people were talking about when they said they had a gryphon which took custom tunes until I read more threads and visited php.com that's where I read where they come from was thinking about it and well now I want to get a gryphon cts and sell the edge evo that I have. Do you work with php?

Trending Topics

Old 04-02-2011, 07:58 AM
I am 100% stock but have an edge programer. I use level 2 and really like the guages on the edge. I keep it on the engine and tranny temp, engine load and the instant mpg readout.

The last one helps me get good mpg - last tank mixed was 17.4 mpg (hand calculated).

I did a lot of reading on settings with timing, rpm limits etc and found what works for me. I "custom" tuned it a bit but within reason for my use ( a daily commuter, family vehicle, 4x4 snow vehicle and boat/motorc ycle hauler). Works very well for me.

If you want to race a truck your starting with a "project" as ours are no where near the fastest but are great at a "truck's" intent - hauling/towing.

Best of luck.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by jb526
I have a Gryphon with custom tunes. I have a SI/DO Magnaflow catr back system, CAI, with 33x12.5x20 tires and it moves very well. With all of the mods you have, I would strongly suggest an upgrade to the Gryphon with a custom tune from PHP!!! Just a thought. Check out their web site.
x2 on the gryphon, its like night and day between the canned edge tunes and the custom gryphon tunes

Old 04-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by MoNdEetZ_2010
First of all thank you for replying and Yea I had no clue what people were talking about when they said they had a gryphon which took custom tunes until I read more threads and visited php.com that's where I read where they come from was thinking about it and well now I want to get a gryphon cts and sell the edge evo that I have. Do you work with php?
i do not.. im just a loyal customer lol
its just one of the best mods u can do for the price

and if u do get one they r quite busy there so their turn around time is not the best... but their tunes r the ****...i dont think there is one person that doesnt like their custom tunes.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:10 PM
im sending mine off next week to the guys at PHP and i would follow the advice of the people here and do the same.. really cant get the full benefit of your mods and tuner without the custom tunes

Old 04-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by Drewcifer1806
im sending mine off next week to the guys at PHP and i would follow the advice of the people here and do the same.. really cant get the full benefit of your mods and tuner without the custom tunes
I really dont know much about tuners other than what I have read on here. So when you buy an Edge Evo it comes with canned tunes which means just basic level tunes for towing, etc. You guys then send it off to get custom tunes loaded? and thats called a Gyphon? Is it custom done for what you need or what? What will PHP do to it and what is a Gyphon? Might be dumb questions but I have never used a programmer on any vehicle.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:08 AM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Your questions have all been answered many times over in the Tuners forum. Read the sticky threads first.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Yea I decided to sell my evo and get a cts gryphon still don't have it yet not until I sell my evo first so that way I could get it customed tuned with all the mods that I've got to get the best out of them and without hurting my engine I really didn't know anything about gryphons till about two days ago. Personally I think it is the best thing to get if you have an edge product and if you already have an edge product you could send it to php and they will make it into a gryphon for you like in my case I have an edge evo I could send it off if I wanted to but I really like the cts so im going to sell my evo. Thank all you guys that have been replying I really appriciate it

Old 04-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Yea I hear really good things about the gryphons

Quick Reply: For those with an edge evo programmer