code that wont go away??

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
code that wont go away??

does anyone have a P1902 error code that always stays on the programmer...i called edge and he said that this is something not to worry about as long as the check engine light isnt on. does anyone else have this happen to their edge? its a 2010 its on if this has anything to do with anything? any comments will help. thanks.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
I certainly don't have this code and have never seen it. I just did a search, and came up with this being a problem in the "Kickdown Solenoid Relay Control Circuit", which is a whole lot of "no help".

I'm going out on a limb and think it might relate to the transmission, which the new Edge programmers don't touch in the 09+ model trucks.

So, why are you getting it and what to do about it? Probably nothing until you get the CEL, then, you set your truck to stock, remove the programmer, and hotfoot it to your dealer!

You really can't complain to a dealer without admitting you're using a Programmer unless you have a CEL. Admitting to using a programmer is asking for a voided warranty in the new trucks. You could possibly win in a prolonged court fight, but I would not want to get involved in that.

The only other option would be to buy a code reader, they're not too expensive and you could claim you were just being "proactive". Take the code reader with you and show them the code. They can't complain about you "monitoring things".

Hope these thoughts help.

- Jack

Old 04-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
As Jack stated put the truck back to stock to see if the code reappears.....
If it doesn't reappear in stock then the problem is with the tune.....programmers/tunes should not be causing codes to happen not unless there's an actual problem...

Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 PM
do i need to replug this thing in after i set it back to stock or just set it to stock and see if it reappears?

jack, im not really sure what the CEL is and i thought a programmer messed with all the settings about the transmission.

the truck has no check engine lights showing and hasnt had any showing yet except when i reprogram the edge to the different modes. just the code itself shows up on the programmer

Old 04-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by jake605ktm
do i need to replug this thing in after i set it back to stock or just set it to stock and see if it reappears?

jack, im not really sure what the CEL is and i thought a programmer messed with all the settings about the transmission.

the truck has no check engine lights showing and hasnt had any showing yet except when i reprogram the edge to the different modes. just the code itself shows up on the programmer
Sorry, "CEL" is the acronym for "Check Engine Light". And, in the case of the Edge programmer, it DOES NOT do anything to the transmission - yet!

There have been many posts on this in this forum, and most of us are unhappy that Edge has not figured out how to work with the new transmission. (I'm speaking as an "ordinary forum member" here, not a "Moderator", for whatever that's worth.) This is my opinion only. I cannot understand why Edge has been so slow to support the Ford community. Perhaps their leader loves Government Motors?

So, Edge, please be just a bit more forthcoming with those of us who would like to support you. What's the problem? I'm happy to cut you some slack if you'll just give us a bit of insight.

OK, rant off.

Now, Jake - if you want to set the truck to stock, do so. No need to remove the programmer. There is a menu that allows you to clear codes. You can do that after you set the truck to stock. See if the P1902 code reappears. You will see a P1000 code though! That is a normal consequence of returning the truck to stock and not operating it through the required number of drive cycles. You can also clear the code in any tune supported by the programmer.

As 88Racing said, if the code only shows up in a tune other than stock, you can be fairly certain the tune is causing it. And, I think I'd want Edge to tell me why I should not be worried.

Jake - sorry if I confused you. Please tell me if this makes any sense at all.

- Jack

Old 04-20-2011, 07:39 AM
jack, no your fine, i just was not sure what the CEL was...but if i would have broke it down i would have figured it out haha. when i pull in at work ill try to reset it to stock and see what i get. if i have any more questions about it ill post back. thanks.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Well, here is what i have found out. I cleared all codes and put the truck back into stock mode and I got the P1000 code and drove it and it went away and I had no codes. Put the truck back to level 2 (tow) and the P1902 code reappeared. What should I do about this? Edge says no problem as long as no lights are on dash. Does anyone else with a Edge 2010 CS model have this on theirs?

Trending Topics

Old 04-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Contact Bill at PHP....he might have an answer....he's familiar with edge programmers....

If he takes awhile to get back to you....its because they're busy

www.gopowerhungry.com

Old 04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks 88, I sent him a email asking what he thinks is going on. Hopefully i will get something back soon.

Quick Reply: code that wont go away??