Buying a USED Edge CS Evolution Programmer 85150

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've heard nothing from Edge (I sent them another e-mail re: the TCM about 1 week ago) or Bill.

Trent may know about the upcoming TCM programming, but I don't think any user (other than beta) actually has the updated firmware.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The latest post by JackandJanet as well as the last post by shotgunz are both correct.

The 09-10 trucks have a separate transmission control module and at this time, they are not offered as being programmable by Edge (or Power Hungry Performance). It IS in the works, but it's not a supported feature yet.

Additionally, the "pinging" problem is not isolated to any specific model/year. Some trucks do, others don't. It's like fuel economy claims.

Oh, and Edge went out of their way with these programmers. They are designed to cover all gasoline applications on one base programmer (ever wonder about the 45 minute "updates"?). It's the same with the diesel CS/CTS platforms.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear from you Bill, its really sad when someone calls Edge themselves and they give out false information. Canadianelbow, this goes back to what I was telling you about the larger companies. They have so many products out there even their tech reps cant keep up with everything.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by used2vtec
Good to hear from you Bill, its really sad when someone calls Edge themselves and they give out false information. Canadianelbow, this goes back to what I was telling you about the larger companies. They have so many products out there even their tech reps cant keep up with everything.
PHP Diesel is Cody.....Bill's right hand man.....

Old 06-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
88, ya seem to have a better grasp on the whole concept than I do. Any chance you could call the toll free # I posted and see if you can get a better understanding of what Edge's stance is on this?
That's not up to me.....Bill, Cody, Cory, Colby, Shotgunz+ Jack are the ones that I'd rely on for the correct info....

Old 06-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the input boys. Perhaps this is a case of a sales associate not having all the right info to relate, or a customer not asking the right questions, or both. When I got home from work yesterday I called Edge again hoping for a different service advisor. I can't recall the guys name right now, but it definitely was a different dude. He was quick to answer the same question with a resounding "no trans ajustment....yet" but he did go on to explain in the conversation that if you change tire size with the unit, the trans gets ajusted to compensate for the tire difference, sort of. He said without getting too technical (because I asked for that) that was the long story short. He also confirmed that no tuners, including PHP are authorized to make any trans ajustments. Why his explaination and the first guy's explaination were so different, who knows.

That said, I made that phone call before Jack even responded here, and wayyyy before PHP piped in.

Your insight and leadership are greatly appreciated by us all. Thanks.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
Thanks for the input boys. Perhaps this is a case of a sales associate not having all the right info to relate, or a customer not asking the right questions, or both. When I got home from work yesterday I called Edge again hoping for a different service advisor. I can't recall the guys name right now, but it definitely was a different dude. He was quick to answer the same question with a resounding "no trans ajustment....yet" but he did go on to explain in the conversation that if you change tire size with the unit, the trans gets ajusted to compensate for the tire difference, sort of. He said without getting too technical (because I asked for that) that was the long story short. He also confirmed that no tuners, including PHP are authorized to make any trans ajustments. Why his explaination and the first guy's explaination were so different, who knows.

That said, I made that phone call before Jack even responded here, and wayyyy before PHP piped in.

Your insight and leadership are greatly appreciated by us all. Thanks.
There's a reason he said changing the Tire Size (TS) will make an adjustment to the transmission: Part throttle shifting is dependent on vehicle speed and throttle position. Changing the TS changes the speed the ECM and TCM "see", which effects the points at which the transmission shifts (part throttle).

- Jack

Quick Reply: Buying a USED Edge CS Evolution Programmer 85150