Battery died, Gryphon didnt come on???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery died, Gryphon didnt come on???

2000 F150 sat around for about 4 days. went to start it, click click click. well while trying to get the cables on right it completely drained it. cuz while I tried starting it the first couple time it was coming on. Finally got it started nothing? I just got my tune march of last year so idk if I got the got cable or not. My biggest concern is I was going to try to trade the truck in next week if the truck im eye balling is still there. Can I just unplug the thing and get rid of it? It was on the 93 custom tune so I know its not on stock. It running right now I havent shut it off to see if the tuner comes back on. But if it doesnt what can I try to get it back on. Or can I just get rid of it cuz im sure the dealership will be awful suspicious with a blank tuner on the dash!!!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Try checking the cigarette lighter fuse to see if that maybe the issue....

With the key ON engine OFF try to unplug it and plug it back in...this might reinitialize the gryphon....if not it may be the cable or the unit itself...

Also if you read the sticky's up top in this sub forum it warns of disconnecting the gryphon when working on electrical systems(I think the manual says it too)...a better idea would've been to unplug the gryphon if you knew the truck was going to sit or use a battery tender( plug in or solar)

Bill might be your only hope if you want this fixed...try to call him next week...678-890-1110

Old 07-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Follow 88's advice. Right now your Gryphon is "locked" to your truck. That means you can't sell it, because it wouldn't work in anyone else's truck and you won't be able to use it in a different truck either. And, of course, the truck is now tuned for 91 octane gas, which would give the new buyer some trouble if he put regular in it, and, I know you would not want to cause the new buyer grief - he may have spent his last penny hoping to get his "dream" truck.

- Jack

Old 07-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright guys. Get home at 11pm tonight and the tuner is lit up(dem ).... start it.... stayed dem. Said f it un plug, plug back in. Fired up and tuner came on displaying like nothing ever happen!!! Ill take it lol. Thank god it was something else I need to fix before I trade it. Bout to put $80 in it for a rear cover and fluid!! Damn rust

Old 07-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by tbowman053
Alright guys. Get home at 11pm tonight and the tuner is lit up(dem ).... start it.... stayed dem. Said f it un plug, plug back in. Fired up and tuner came on displaying like nothing ever happen!!! Ill take it lol. Thank god it was something else I need to fix before I trade it. Bout to put $80 in it for a rear cover and fluid!! Damn rust
If the programmer's screen was lit with the vehicle turned off, it's telling you your battery's dying. That's what it does when the battery's going bad.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Battery died, Gryphon didnt come on???