Plug and go chip/tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Plug and go chip/tuner?

I am seeing all these chips/tuners that require computers or programers or like in dash computer things...I dont want these, i just want a plug and go chip or something that I never have to touch or see.

My parents got one for our 06 250 Super Crew Superduty and IT IS AMAZING, rediclious HP, Torque and MPG increase and we never have to touch or see it, took it to a shop, guy put it in, programmed it and thats it!

However...he's a little slow and only does diesel's and knows jack about gas engines and chips and stuff so I couldnt go to his shop for help...so here i am!

Any Ideas? Plese and thanks!

O yeah...truck...its an 03 KR 5.4L Super Crew 2wd

Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
My SuperChips 1865 Flashpaq just plugs into the OBDII port under the steering collumn, you follow on screen prompts, it reads and saves stock tune and replaces it with the tune you selected. When done, unplug it and put it away. I keep mine in a camera case.

You maybe looking for something to hide?

Old 09-07-2011, 10:52 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
canned tuning devices are worthless

get a SCT Livewire or a PHP Gryphon with custom tuning

Old 09-08-2011, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by Smitha6
I am seeing all these chips/tuners that require computers or programers or like in dash computer things...I dont want these, i just want a plug and go chip or something that I never have to touch or see.

Any Ideas? Plese and thanks!

O yeah...truck...its an 03 KR 5.4L Super Crew 2wd
You can get a chip for an 03 with a custom tune from Troyer. They work great but you cannot change anything on them. Even tire size will require you to send it back for a re-burn.

http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...catalogno=5500

Old 09-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by tbear853
My SuperChips 1865 Flashpaq just plugs into the OBDII port under the steering collumn, you follow on screen prompts, it reads and saves stock tune and replaces it with the tune you selected. When done, unplug it and put it away. I keep mine in a camera case.

You maybe looking for something to hide?
That sounds kinda what i'm looking for. I dont want something where I have to keep a screen or something hooked to it or something that you would even know is there.

Having a small computer or something would be fine as long as it can be unplugged and and put away and I dont need it constantly hooked up.

Originally Posted by tarajerame
canned tuning devices are worthless

get a SCT Livewire or a PHP Gryphon with custom tuning
What are canned tuning devices?

Does the SCT or Gryphon require something to stay visible once they are installed?

I also want something thats pretty user friendly...not endless options and screens and tunes etc...

Old 09-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
None of them REQUiRE keeping the unit plugged up. The monitor is an option. After you enter the program, you can unplug any of the tuners.

Canned programs are "one size fits all", off the shelf programs. Custom programs are modified to your truck and for any mods you may have.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
You need to read the "stickies" at the top of this forum.

Quick Reply: Plug and go chip/tuner?