Problem with Superchip in 1999 F150

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem with Superchip in 1999 F150

I bought a Superchips Flip chip from Performance Products for my 1999 F150, after installing twice (took out to re-clean contacts) the truck still will not start. I think I may need to do the computer modification. Does anyone have the instructions handy, I am trying to get it finished this weekend because I am using it on a trip and need the chip to correct my speedometer due to a gear change.

Thanks,
Darin Garner
dgarner@grtk.com

Old 07-20-2001, 09:33 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Darin,

You will need to get that info from us, all you need to do is to give us a call or shoot us an email, and we'll be happy to get that info to you. We can also have the manufacturer even do this for you, if you like.

Our hours of operation here are Monday thru Friday from 10am to 7pm Eastern time, and we also have 24 hour voicemail so you can leave us a message with a name & number & we'll be happy to return the call.

In fact, we happened to get onto F-150 Online a bit later than we normal and as soon as we saw your post, we attempted to contact you at both of your phone numbers, but got no answer from one, and a voicemail box at your work number.

Please just give us a shout, and we'll be happy to assist you to get up and running.

UPDATE: Thanks for calling this evening, Darin, I was happy to get a chance to speak with you so quickly. The email has been uploaded & sent to you with that information, as we discussed, and please let us know if you run into any problems, etc.

Last edited by Superchips_Distributor; 07-20-2001 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2001, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 1999 Ford Superchip

Thanks for the quick response, I am watching for the e-mail you sent to dgarner@grtk.com. Also, I must say the additional instructions you supply with the chip are excellent.

Thanks,

Darin Garner

Old 07-20-2001, 11:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Darin,

OK, it should have been in your email for about an hour or so now, so let me know if you didn't receive, I'm hitting the sack, it's been a looooongggg day.

The manufacturer's instructions are OK, they do a good job of showing you how to attach the Superchip to the computer, but they don't tell you a thing about where to find the computer, the easiest way to remove it, and all the other little tips & hints that I think are needed to make a first-time installation go smoothly with no surprises. I'm glad to hear you found them useful. Now let's get you up and running!

Just give us a shout via phone over the weekend if you need anything else Darin, the voicemail will be on & just leave us a message, we'll get back to as as soon as we can.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Problem with Superchip in 1999 F150