How do I get a custom tune on my Edge Evo

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do I get a custom tune on my Edge Evo

I have a 2006 f-150 with 78,000 miles. I have installed a K&N cold air intake which includes a spacer between the throttle body and manifold. I also installed a Flowmaster muffler. I already installed the Edge Evo and tried all power programs. I just used the disk they send you and read that I can hurt my engine due to the (CAI) and muffler from running to lean. I just researched the forum and learned the difference between a canned and custom tune but found no info on how I can get a custom tune for my edge. Can someone please help me.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:06 AM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
Old 12-11-2011, 03:29 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
yup, only one place

also get that hot air intake of the truck or park it till you get your tune

Old 12-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Thank you

I'm going to remove the K&N (CAI) tomorrow. I'm just curious why do you keep referring to the cold air intake as the hot air intake.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:25 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by criscash78
I'm going to remove the K&N (CAI) tomorrow. I'm just curious why do you keep referring to the cold air intake as the hot air intake.
and I'm curious as to why you think engine bay air is cooler than ambient air from out side the engine bay?? K&N finally realised this and no longer markets them as Cold Air Intakes (CAI's) because that's FALSE ADVERTISING

Old 12-11-2011, 11:56 PM
I thought the enclosure that surrounds the filter only allows cold air in

I went with that one because it was more affordable then the airraid and aem. But I thought if the filter was enclosed to the engine air only allowing the air from the side panel in was the best. I'll be honest I am not a mechanic. I just research and try my best. I am asking for any advise that anyone can give me to add a little go to my truck.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:51 AM
glc
Received 774 Likes on 715 Posts
The stock intake gets its air from outside the engine compartment. It gets it from the driver's side fenderwell. K&N's also have a tendency to foul the MAF sensor from the oil in the element. They also don't filter as well as a paper filter.

Trending Topics

Old 01-03-2012, 03:41 PM
I jumped the gun and bought an Edge Evo CS before I realized that what I really wanted was the ablility to add custom tunes. Dumb I know, should have been more patient and spent more time researching here rather than generic product reviews. Anyway, with the order already on the way, and a stiff restocking fee for a return, I thought I would have to decide between taking the hit on the fee and having the ability to get custom tunes. If I'm reading the PHP forum correctly though, a CS can be upgraded to Gryphon, and then would be capable of loading customized tunes. Do I have this right?

Old 01-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bloody_knuckles
I jumped the gun and bought an Edge Evo CS before I realized that what I really wanted was the ablility to add custom tunes. Dumb I know, should have been more patient and spent more time researching here rather than generic product reviews. Anyway, with the order already on the way, and a stiff restocking fee for a return, I thought I would have to decide between taking the hit on the fee and having the ability to get custom tunes. If I'm reading the PHP forum correctly though, a CS can be upgraded to Gryphon, and then would be capable of loading customized tunes. Do I have this right?
One more time....

If its an edge evolution it needs to be sent in for the upgrade to the monochrome gryphon....

If its the edge CS/CTS it DOES NOT NEED TO BE SENT IN FOR THE UPGRADE TO ACCEPT CUSTOM TUNES.....
Bill will simply use EDGE's fusion as the way to upload your purchased tunes to the programmers...

Order custom tunes Link for used or new programmers purchased from some other place than php>>> https://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hung...m45/index.html

Last edited by 88racing; 01-03-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by bloody_knuckles
Yes, except there's no "upgrade" involved for the CS. You just request custom tunes from PHP. They have a form for this on their PHPTune website: https://fs21.formsite.com/Power_Hung...m45/index.html

- Jack

Quick Reply: How do I get a custom tune on my Edge Evo