Jumper on computer

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jumper on computer

Hey Mike,

I got my chip in the mail today, and went thru all the steps to clean the edge connector... installed the computer back into the truck and it would'nt start. I tried again and it started. That was the only time it started. So I took out the computer once again and went back over the contacts to double check, and they are really clean. So I figured out I have the jumper problem. I cannot access the web site to see the directions on "How To" complete the process. Is the web address correct??? Is the site up? I keep timming out when tryong to access.

http//www.superchips.com/jumper.htm

So I took out the chip, and went for a spin with the new Airaid I also installed today. What a kick. I was hoping to get the best of both worlds... but I will settle for just the Airaid for now!

Thanks for any help in the right direction!!!!

Old 07-30-2001, 08:58 PM
You might want to try "fixing" the computer mounting bracket. I had the same problem when I installed my Superchip. The bracket has a small raised lip on it which pushes on the S/C just enough to cause a bad contact. I had to remove the bracket and flatten the lip to make the S/C fit flush with the computer. There are two screws that hold the bracket in place. It's sort of a pain to get to, but not impossible. Then I cut a groove approx 1/4 inch on the lip from the edge of the S/C and then hammered it flat. Leave enough of the lip so the computer can be held in place by the plastic clip. I also put two pieces of tape on the S/C just to be sure it doesn't vibrate out. The S/C fits perfectly and I haven't had any problems since. I hope this helps...and Good Luck!

Old 07-31-2001, 09:36 PM
Wink

Thanks Zeek613!

I did just that... re-installed and it works. That lip was the problem.

Old 08-01-2001, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Nuftime,

I'm glad you got up and running.

Just so you'll know, we go over that specific issue in our additional Performance Products documentation that we send out with every Superchip we ship for these vehicles, as some of them do indeed that that little "lip", or "tab", on the mounting bracket/plate, and that can indeed interfere with the Superchip.

Once taken care of and installed properly, you shouldn't have any issues.

If you have any problems, please just give us a call or shoot us an email, & we'll be happy to help you right away!

To Zeek613: Thanks very much for helping him, that's what F-150 Online is all about.

Quick Reply: Jumper on computer