Chip just installed.Love it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Chip just installed.Love it!!!

I don't post that often , just browse the threads for info, but I just had to on how happy I am with the Superchip.

My ride is a 2000 F-150 Supercab 2wd 4.6 5speed with 3.55 posi.
I just installed my Superchip from Mike and can't believe the difference.The throttle response is much better and the truck pulls much harder though all the gears.I tow a 24ft travel trailer and can't wait to see the difference towing with the chip. The installation was very easy and the instructions very thorough.I would highly recommend the chip to anyone looking to get one.

Thanks Mike

Old 08-09-2001, 05:07 PM
i have a similar truck, cept mine is a 4x4 (check sig) and i got a lot of HEAVY extras (stereo, sunroof, etc.) ne ways....
...what other toy's do you have on your truck? cat-back? fipk?

just wonderin if the seat of pants feel will be similar to me, cause i have always thought the superchip to be an excellent product, but with fuel prices and the 5-speed eliminating the use of the shift point changes and firmness, i always wondered if it was totally worth it

Old 08-09-2001, 05:08 PM
*FORGOT SIG*

Old 08-09-2001, 06:29 PM
Hey Coolsvile

THe only other mods I am running are a WMS velocity tube and a K&N air filter.

By looking at your sig , my rig looks a little lighter than yours.Mine is an XL. I have a tonneau cover and Ford hood deflector .Other than that it is pretty much stock.Your truck sounds more like the set up JMC has.Maybe he can give you a better opinion on the chip and its feel.

I personally love the seat of the pants feel

Old 08-09-2001, 08:28 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Blueblood,

Thanks for your post & glad to hear you're happy with the Superchip for your manual-transmission vehicle, that's how it should be!

It's pretty common for owners of manual-transmission vehicles to wonder if the Superchip is worthwhile for them too, but the fact is, the power gain to the engine from the Superchip is the same whether you have a manual or an automatic.

It's easier to feel the Superchip working in the manuals, as you don't have the changed automatic transmission shift characteristics, so your benefit is simply the added power and improved driveability, and that makes it pretty easy to feel the difference from the Superchip.

Have fun & good luck next time you tow that big trailer!

Quick Reply: Chip just installed.Love it!!!