SuperChip, 4.2 and Mike T.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile SuperChip, 4.2 and Mike T.......

Well, I was waiting for a while to post my thoughts and opion on my SuperChip. It has been a few weeks and the results are in. I love the Chip. I have the 4.2L 5 Speed, and it really woke up my little V6. Not only are the performance gains noticable, the gas mileage has improved a bit also. Drove to Aurora, Ohio this past weekend from Columbus and used just over a half a tank for going 287 miles. So for overall gais the Chip gets a thumbs up.

As far as Mike T. goes, his product knowledge is second to none, as is his customer service skills. I value the opions of all the post and members of this board, and it was because of those that I decided to Chip my truck and go with the SC. Mike is held in high regard on this board and others, and it shows why when you deal with him personally. Also the ease of installation was great...even if I did have to use tape...LOL.

I guess to sum things up, if you are on the fence and you have a couple of large bills whispering "spend me", then the SuperChip is well worth the investment. The bang for the buck is unbeatable, and the thrill of spanking a couple of the little rice burners is a great feeling too .

Old 08-09-2001, 08:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 12vRep.,

Great to "see" you again, you must be a mind reader. I was just thinking about you, I was going to shoot you an email to see how you were doing.

Thanks for your post & your impressions, & glad to hear you're enjoying it. The extra gas mileage is a plus, a nice "icing on the cake", if you will, & glad to see you got that as well.

Looking forward to the catalog by the way, I'm drooling already!

Many people with manual transmissions wonder if the Superchip is worthwhile for them, since they don't have an automatic and we're always talking so much around here about the improvements we make to the shift characteristics, they should find your post helpful.

Be careful picking on those rice-burners, & have fun!

Quick Reply: SuperChip, 4.2 and Mike T.......