Wont take my truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wont take my truck

Good Day I was given a predator for my f-150 and when I tried to run the tune it said my truck wasnt registered and wouldnt allow it. What can I do to go around this wall so I can start playing with some programs. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by dizzydean
Good Day I was given a predator for my f-150 and when I tried to run the tune it said my truck wasnt registered and wouldnt allow it. What can I do to go around this wall so I can start playing with some programs. Thanks for the help.

well, for starters how about some basic information since we can't see thru the internet

the device might not be unlocked, it might not be compatable with your truck, the list could go on and on but no one wants to sit and here play guessing games when a lil' info could help narrow down the issue

Old 04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Sorry wasnt sure what info would be needed. It came from an 06 and mine is also an 06,both have the 5.4. I was able to run through all the choices and look up options and what not but when I gave the ok to run a choice it said truck not registered and went back to the beginning. What other info is needed.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:07 PM

Ok, I believe the programmer is VIN locked. When a programmer is used on a vehicle, it will only work on that vehicle. With the info you just gave, it should be compatible. However, the programmer probably needs to be sent to Predator so it can be unlocked. I'm not familiar with predator, but SCTs work this way. Unlocking on an SCT costs $150, it ain't cheap. If you know the guy you got the tuner from, having him put his truck's tune back to stock may be a way to get around this. The companies do this so that you can't get one tuner and run around tuning everybody's trucks with it.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Ok, I believe the programmer is VIN locked. When a programmer is used on a vehicle, it will only work on that vehicle. With the info you just gave, it should be compatible. However, the programmer probably needs to be sent to Predator so it can be unlocked. I'm not familiar with predator, but SCTs work this way. Unlocking on an SCT costs $150, it ain't cheap. If you know the guy you got the tuner from, having him put his truck's tune back to stock may be a way to get around this. The companies do this so that you can't get one tuner and run around tuning everybody's trucks with it.
this

Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks Guys thats about what I figured. The owner has sold the truck so removing the original vin wont work. I tried to get the original backed up stock tune to come up so I could delete it but no luck there. I have an email into pred. see what they say.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:28 AM

No problem, good luck with getting it unlocked!

Quick Reply: Wont take my truck