No Warranty Footprint?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Warranty Footprint?

All I really want to do is get rid of my speed limiter my truck cuts out at 155kph or less then 100mph (I am Canadian EH)... But I don't want to get bitch slapped by my dealership with warranty issues... 2012 F150 XLT super crew 4x4 5.0L

Old 04-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our tools will leave no trace behind for the dealer to see

Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Depends....

Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DiabloMike
Just an fyi-
Custom Tuners- Reprogramming Detection
http://www.flatratetech.com/communit...ne#entry220469
Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:30 AM
Fullsizeblazin “They most definitely can! Once they pull the Mode 9 file on the IDS all your dirty little secrets will be revealed and your warranty will be promptly voided.”

Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Diablo

What kind of number are you getting with the Diablo tuner?? Will you give me the "No trace left behind" or you'll pay for my repairs guarantee? I just find it hard to believe that it doesn't have a data log when the system is accessed. Even an old Windows 95 desktop logged usage. The average "tech" doesn't have the ability to read it in print as I'm sure it's all binary, but if it came down to a catastrophic failure, I would think that they would have the means to find out. Just like the "event recording" features the OBDII systems have. Anytime a DTC is triggered, they know all of the parameters before and after the light comes on. TPS position, fuel mixture, boost, gear selection, RPM and more. Sure you can clear the code, but how can you be certain there's no timestamp of access?

As far as the link to the "Powerstroke Tech's" story, It would have been far more believable if he was more professional in his delivery and didn't refer to the owner as a douche bag every other sentence.

I'm just looking for a little more mileage, a little more get up and go.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 PM
I was told that it records key cycles. If you have a tune, have a issue retune back to stock and bring to dealer and have 12 key cycles at 15K miles they know its been flashed.

Wayne

Old 04-23-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't buy this .

Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Z7What
I was told that it records key cycles. If you have a tune, have a issue retune back to stock and bring to dealer and have 12 key cycles at 15K miles they know its been flashed.

Wayne
Flashed by what?

I want to make everyone aware, it is perfectly legal to own an IDS, and to have a subscription to IDS, thus allowing you to flash/update vehicles anytime you wish. Your local mechanic may well have one. Do you think that if your local mechanic, or neighbor, flashes your PCM, then you wind up at the dealer the next day, they are going to void your warranty, based soley on the number of key cycles?

Let me ask this, what if your car was just parked for winter storage, and you connect the battery and find an issue, and have it towed to the dealer, are they going to void your warranty for no key cycles?

I'm just taking the long road to say that key counts are NOT grounds for a warranty issue by any means.

Thanks

Old 04-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Motopro292
What kind of number are you getting with the Diablo tuner?? Will you give me the "No trace left behind" or you'll pay for my repairs guarantee? I just find it hard to believe that it doesn't have a data log when the system is accessed. Even an old Windows 95 desktop logged usage. The average "tech" doesn't have the ability to read it in print as I'm sure it's all binary, but if it came down to a catastrophic failure, I would think that they would have the means to find out. Just like the "event recording" features the OBDII systems have. Anytime a DTC is triggered, they know all of the parameters before and after the light comes on. TPS position, fuel mixture, boost, gear selection, RPM and more. Sure you can clear the code, but how can you be certain there's no timestamp of access?

As far as the link to the "Powerstroke Tech's" story, It would have been far more believable if he was more professional in his delivery and didn't refer to the owner as a douche bag every other sentence.

I'm just looking for a little more mileage, a little more get up and go.
Once you flash back to stock, there is simply nothing for them to see. Even with the tune installed, they'd have to read the PCM out (which dealers do not have the capability to do) then compare it to a known stock cal to determine what, if anything, was actually changed. Even then, they'd have to prove that the changes lead to whatever the failure was...

Our tuners offer solid gains, about 20 rwhp on premium fuel, along with better throttle response, and improved shifting, and a bump in mileage on the highway

Thanks

Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by beechkid
Just an fyi-
Custom Tuners- Reprogramming Detection
http://www.flatratetech.com/communit...ne#entry220469
Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:30 AM
Fullsizeblazin “They most definitely can! Once they pull the Mode 9 file on the IDS all your dirty little secrets will be revealed and your warranty will be promptly voided.”
that forum seems to be down for maintenance....what are you saying?

What exactly do you think they can see in a Mode9 read that will say you have used one of OUR products??

Thanks

Old 04-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Flashed by what?
Flashed back to stock by the tuner you are removing.

So basically you saying there no way they will void it? Can you change tire size in your tunes by the MM? What kind of power gains? How much?

Can you put it in writing?

Wayne

Old 04-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Z7What
Flashed back to stock by the tuner you are removing.

So basically you saying there no way they will void it? Can you change tire size in your tunes by the MM? What kind of power gains? How much?

Can you put it in writing?

Wayne
Yes, there is no way they can void a warranty based on key cycles. Yes, tire size can be changed, it is entered as revolutions per mile.
Average gains are 20 rwhp/20-25 ft/lbs on premium fuel.

I cant put anything in writing, as it is sure to be abused. You must tune at your own risk, in the end, its all that matters.

Thanks

Old 04-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that dealer relationships are going to be key in these situations... I Like that Mike has a presence on this forum there for I am likely to go with his tuner, My only concern was if I am away from home and have a failure can I pull the tune out and still be covered, My dealership said they have no problem with programmers as I am a loyal customer just not to abuse it... I just want my top speed raised, and tire size re calculated...

Old 04-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Maybe not void warranty on key cycles but they sure as heck can if there is a failure and it seems a little odd. They go digging and the owner is no longer under warranty if they can prove it.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
Maybe not void warranty on key cycles but they sure as heck can if there is a failure and it seems a little odd. They go digging and the owner is no longer under warranty if they can prove it.
Again...'if' they can prove it, which they can't if you use our tool and put it back to stock.

Quick Reply: No Warranty Footprint?