My Diablosport Intune review and impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Diablosport Intune review and impressions

Well after making a few phone calls I got a really good deal on an Intune from a local speed shop that Ive dealt with a lot over the years. I called him late yesterday afternoon and he had it in hand early this afternoon, Id say that's fast service. So I picked it up and undated it when I got home and loaded the 87 octane tune into my truck. I don't have any experience with any other programmers but this thing is as user friendly as I can imagine anything can be, my cat could problably work this thing. The menus are easy to navigate and the load speeds on this thing are pretty quick. I had the tune changes made, stock tune saved, and the new tune loaded into the truck in less than 20 minutes. And all I can say is WOW! There was an immediate night and day difference in the truck, from the sound to the performance. Its like driving a completely different vehicle, it feels more like say a Mustang in power delivery than a truck. Torque is immediate, its hard not to spin the tires launching. And it pulls like crazy at any rpm. My only complaint, which is just a slight one, is how firm the shifts are. They could be a little softer, but some may love it as is. WOT downshifts at cruising speeds feel like its about to rip the rear end out of the truck, although I think I found the way around it.....ease into it to get the first gear drop then go WOT to get the final downshift. I know a lot of people swear by custom tunes, and Im not doubting them one bit.....but I cant imagine it getting much better than the canned tune provided with the Intune. I think after I run out this tank of 87 octane Im gonna fill it with 93 and load the 93 octane tune and see how it runs. So far I haven't seen any improvement in fuel mileage over the 130 or so miles I put on it this afternoon, but that could be due to me driving it like a mad man enjoying the added power . I have to say this has been the best investment Ive made towards this truck, its really transformed it from a blah truck to a real monster.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor
Great to hear, thanks for the feedback

Once you get settled into the new power, and go back to your normal driving habbits, you should see a slight bump in mileage as well, let us know if you need anything!

Thanks

Old 05-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Former Sponsor
Also, the shifts will likely soften up a bit with some more driving time, if not, let me know and we can soften them up for you in a custom tune

Old 05-07-2013, 11:57 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Glad to hear... I think I'll be going the diablo route later on. Keep my gryphon as gauges.

Quick Reply: My Diablosport Intune review and impressions