A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few questions

I have a 2002 XLT with the 5.4 and 270,000 miles. I just recently installed a Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS, which comes with appradio mode. I saw a compatable app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dash...321293183?mt=8 that displays engine data on an iPhone, or on your in-dash dvd player if equipped with appradio, which requires an OBDII dongle to connect to your iPhone. While looking for a dongle, I came across the SCT iTSX, which made me curious. So if there is anyone out there who can answer a few of these questions for me, that would be helpful.

1) Is it safe to program such a high mileage engine? It runs perfectly, still has plenty of power, and I have never had any major problems, just the usual COP going out.

2) Does the iTSX work well? I was looking at it at 5 star tuning, which says it comes with 3 custom 5 star tunes. This would be perfect, as all I would need is an economy tune for every day driving, a towing tune for the 550 mile round trip 4 wheeler/equipment haul to the hunting camp on weekends during hunting season, and a performance tune for the occasional goofing off. I also like that it's universal, so when I get a new f-150, I can use it on that one as well without having to buy another tuner.

3) Would the dongle work with other apps? Reason being I love the layout/display options of the DashCommand app, but if the iTSX dongle, won't support it, I don't think i will go with the iTSX.

Any help is appreciated and please keep in mind, while I do know a decent amount about engines, I still don't know anything about the computer/management side of them.

Thanks

Old 05-21-2013, 11:28 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
yes it's safe to tune the motor, it'll actually run a bit better making it more efficient

Quick Reply: A few questions