EcoBoost - Tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EcoBoost - Tuning questions

Hello, I'm a new owner... first EcoBoost.. etc etc

1) Which is by far hands down the best begginer programmer?
2) Does it make a real difference and worth the money?
3) Any down falls?
4) Best sounding most throaty and effective cat back exhaust system

ANything I should know or look for?

bone stock with 3.55 gears right now...

Thanks

Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Livernois motorsports has The best Ecoboost tuning out there IMO.
Get a AFE stage 2 CAI

Exhaust would be Mbrp dual side exit. IMO

Exhaust is the only thing I don't have on mine and it will haul butt for sure and get 20 mpg

Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
1. No such thing as beginner for Ecoboost. Contact Livernois.

2. It makes a big difference, whether it's worth the money is subjective.

3. Will possibly void your powertrain warranty if something happens.

4. This is also subjective.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
With regards to “Chips” and “Tuners”, there are plenty of persons who advertise their programs to be the best and even offer custom tunes, but in all reality, very few actually have credentials in these areas- but that’s not to say that some of these “geniuses” haven’t really caused damage to a few vehicles- just jump over to flatratetech.com and read just some of the comments from the MSE techs!. Perhaps what is equally important is the parameters that can be adjusted are set by the OEM vehicle software…so there is really no “magic” in what they are doing anyway.

If you look at the dyno charts from many of these supposed HP/TQ increases, they are typically around 5%-7% at peak rpm ranges…….guess what, 5% is a standard deviation even amongst mfg dynos and if you go to this link http://www.fordracingparts.com/downl...ceTechTips.pdf the engineers at Ford racing have a article on just exactly how these “tuners” play games with the hp/tq ratings, how calibration can cause misleading dyno results, & some of the “tricks” that are used to gain supposed power increases.

Testand Corporation conducted an ISO standards test on automotive air filters which can be viewed at this link: http://www.dieselbombers.com/chevrol...r-testing.html. All I can say is this explains in detail the reason for

(Arlen) SPICER wrote,

“Now that I am not doing the tests and my objectivity is not necessary, let me explain my motivation. The reason I started this crusade was that I was seeing people spend a lot of money on aftermarket filters based on the word of a salesperson or based on the misleading, incomplete or outright deceiving information printed on boxes and in sales literature. Gentlemen and Ladies, Marketing and the lure of profit is VERY POWERFUL!"

Your OEM warranty.....kiss it goodbye unless the software is from the OEM......DC'ing the battery will not remove the evidence....
Custom Tuners- Reprogramming Detection
http://www.flatratetech.com/communit...ne#entry220469
Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:30 AM
Fullsizeblazin “They most definitely can! Once they pull the Mode 9 file on the IDS all your dirty little secrets will be revealed and your warranty will be promptly voided.”

Old 07-29-2013, 10:25 PM
And the kill joy communist showed up ..... What a waste

Old 07-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TOOLOUD
And the kill joy communist showed up ..... What a waste
Would you rather be completely uninformed?

Old 07-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Nope - good info is awesome ! However every post he makes is Against tuning / programming and always tries to detour anybody from improving a great truck CAUSE Some of US want too !

Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as we know the risks involved.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Agreed

Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
With the Ecoboost, Livernois knows what they are doing - this pretty much eliminates all the risks except for possible warranty issues.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:28 AM
I've got a 2012 Eco and I went with the SCT tuner I picked up from Franchi Motorsports. I went with SCT because it's what I had used with my Mustang and previous F150. For the price I couldnt be happier, it came with three tunes, 87 tow, 87 performance and 93 performance.
I think no matter which you go with you will be extremely please.
I personally will not waste money on CAI as I've seen their (standalone) negative performance gains on the dyno with my Mustang and I have yet to hear an exhaust that will make the Eco sound anything more than the V6 it is plus I'm getting to the age that I prefer my music over the drone of exhaust.
Just my $0.02

Quick Reply: EcoBoost - Tuning questions