Specific examples to cite for a tuner upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Specific examples to cite for a tuner upgrade

Looking for someone who has a similar setup as me:

02 F150 on P315/75-R16 with a 6" lift and the 4.6L moving 4.56's.

I went with the Max Energy Hypertech for cost considerations. I am not unhappy with it, but I feel like there might be a little more I could get outta my ride. I'm not towing, so torque is not the biggest concern. I got nothing bad to say about it, it has made a significant difference in my truck's performance. I'm just leaning toward an upgrade.

I'm no snob- not with tuners, not with trucks, not with guns, not with social or economic status- nothing. Looking for a reasonable bit of advice form some guys who drive a truck like mine and just enjoy offering a word of advice or opinion. Feel free to school me, I don't get offended either.

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2013, 11:13 PM
I've got a dif setup than you, 5.4 woth pacesetter longtubes, no cats, 6" lift, 35s, and 4.56 gears, but I'd highly advise an SCT tuner with tunes from 5startuning.com

Mike was fast and set me up with some geeat custom tunes. Much better than my edge evolution canned tunes

Old 09-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Thanks- I think for my uses/needs, I'll probably stick with a "canned" tune device...but that decision is not set.

Quick Reply: Specific examples to cite for a tuner upgrade