97-03 Edge Evolution Mono (Gryphon) Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
97-03 Edge Evolution Mono (Gryphon) Issues

Hello Tuner experts, I am having problems with my programmer again. I have replaced the cable once but I think it may be toast again. I just wanted to confirm with you guys before I go ahead and order another one from Edge.

My programmer will only work if I unplug it over night (or for some length of time) and plug it back in when I leave the next morning. It will work if I do this but only for a short time then it goes dead (blank and not lit up). If I try to unplug and replug I will get the "connecting to bridge please wait" message indefinately until I unplug it completely again for a length of time starting the process over again at the beginning of this paragraph.

So does that sound like the cable to you and has Edge fixed the cable problems so if I order another will it last for longer than a year or two?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
if you're still having issues it might be time to start looking at the vehicle components

idk if edge has a fix.....last I heard they were upgrading to the cs, instead of dealing with the cable....

after the feds finding edge guilty and PHP quit writing custom tunes for the cs+cts, I moved on to the sct platform its a lot more stable with a whole lot less issues....imo

Old 09-04-2013, 01:04 PM
I am not sure what vehicle components you would check. The port into the truck looks fine and the unit will not come back on if you wiggle the cable.

I am not thrilled to hear your thoughts about the cable. I hope you heard wrong. Maybe I should just order one and see what happens. I am into this thing for some serious money already so what is another $75.00 for a new cable.

I can tell you that after this programmer there will not be any other programmers in my future. The product, service and reliability have all left a bad taste in my mouth. If my current programmer can't be salvaged I will pull it and add a coolent temp gauge in its place.

Anyone else dealt with a similar problem like I described in post #1?

Last edited by grizzstang; 09-04-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Well I ordered the cable from Edge today. I hope it works. I emailed PHP about the cable and they could not have been more disinterested. They told me in as few words as possible to get it from Edge that they don't stock them anymore. I guess it was crazy of me to expect PHP would offer to check my existing cable and arrange to get one for me. I would gladly pay for it. I don't expect it to be on their dime but a little customer service would have been nice.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:19 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
Customer service at PHP is lacking this week due to only one person in the office. Bill and Corey are both out.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:53 AM
The cable was on my doorstep when I came home from work last night. Pretty fast shipping to Canada! Thanks Fedex! I installed it right away and I noticed the new cable had a manufacture date of May 2013 and my old one (which was my second one for this programmer) was July 2009 so they are still making new cables for these old programmers. Hopefully the cable issues are resolved in the new cables. The guy at Edge said they were but time will tell. The programmer is working again but I didn't have a chance to drive the truck as we had Eagles concert tickets last night and I had to rush off to that. Good show by the way. Brought back some memories. You forget how many hits they had. I was happy to hear them do some of Joe Walsh's solo stuff too like 'In the city', 'Life's been good' and 'Rocky mountain way' but I am getting off topic.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:02 AM
I ran errands in my truck Saturday and the programmer worked fine so it looks like the problem was indeed the cable again. Crossing my fingers this one lasts awhile. My truck has graduated from garage queen to daily driver as I have been selling off all our other cars so any future issues will show up pretty fast.

Last edited by grizzstang; 09-17-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quick Reply: 97-03 Edge Evolution Mono (Gryphon) Issues