Diablosport predator programmer and 02 sensor configeration, 2003 4.6 fX4

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablosport predator programmer and 02 sensor configeration, 2003 4.6 fX4

I have a 2003 F150 4.6 FX4, i recently have been having a vibration noise and after numerous diagnosis we believe the catylitic converters are bad, truck has 150k miles on it. new catylitic converters are expensive and i have a diablosport predator programmer. Since this truck is only for offroad racing , i would like to simply gut the cats, however I have heard that this could affect fuel trim since the downstream 02 sensors have some control over fueling. My question is, what would be the least expensive route to alleviate my converter issue while maintaining optimum power levels? I would like to keep fuel economy somewhat in mind because sometimes in off road racing i find myself far from civilization.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:38 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
If you already have a Diablo, get a set of custom tunes that "tune out" the rear O2's.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by glc
If you already have a Diablo, get a set of custom tunes that "tune out" the rear O2's.
I had thought about that, I guess my question was more along the lines of whether or not the diablo predator can disable the rear O2 sensors without having to get a custom tune

Old 09-13-2013, 06:11 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
All it takes is a call or email to Diablo to find out.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by nah308
I have a 2003 F150 4.6 FX4, i recently have been having a vibration noise and after numerous diagnosis we believe the catylitic converters are bad, truck has 150k miles on it. new catylitic converters are expensive and i have a diablosport predator programmer. Since this truck is only for offroad racing , i would like to simply gut the cats, however I have heard that this could affect fuel trim since the downstream 02 sensors have some control over fueling. My question is, what would be the least expensive route to alleviate my converter issue while maintaining optimum power levels? I would like to keep fuel economy somewhat in mind because sometimes in off road racing i find myself far from civilization.
The downstream O2s have no control over fueling. removing the cats will result in a CEL, but fueling will not be affected, although disabling any cat overtemp protection is a good idea.

If its a really old tool,it may have the options to disable the O2s yourself, if not, a custom tune from any of our CMR tuners is required to make it all work in harmony.

Thanks

Old 09-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by DiabloMike
The downstream O2s have no control over fueling. removing the cats will result in a CEL, but fueling will not be affected, although disabling any cat overtemp protection is a good idea.

If its a really old tool,it may have the options to disable the O2s yourself, if not, a custom tune from any of our CMR tuners is required to make it all work in harmony.

Thanks
how do i tell if the tool is old enough? is there a version? I think there is an option about turning off an O2 sensor config? would that be it? please give me more information. also the diablosport website did not show a CMR dealer within 500 miles of evansville IN

Old 09-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by nah308
how do i tell if the tool is old enough? is there a version? I think there is an option about turning off an O2 sensor config? would that be it? please give me more information. also the diablosport website did not show a CMR dealer within 500 miles of evansville IN
that would be it

Most 8rXX tools will have these options in them.

Quick Reply: Diablosport predator programmer and 02 sensor configeration, 2003 4.6 fX4