2009 F150 Platinum 4x4 - Old program on truck from previous owner - Edge CS

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 F150 Platinum 4x4 - Old program on truck from previous owner - Edge CS

Just got my truck and ordered Edge CS. Seems the previous owner did not clear his old programmer info off of there and Edge will not tune. What are the steps to getting this to delete, without having to take it to Ford for a reflash? Yes i have tried the search function on here and cannot find the answer.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by kwo361
Just got my truck and ordered Edge CS. Seems the previous owner did not clear his old programmer info off of there and Edge will not tune. What are the steps to getting this to delete, without having to take it to Ford for a reflash? Yes i have tried the search function on here and cannot find the answer.
Try calling Edge tech support. I think they can set up a "stock writer" download for you that will return the truck to stock. There MAY be a service charge for this, but I suspect it will be less than having a dealer reflash it.

Edge should also be able to confirm that the truck is currently not tuned to stock.

- Jack

Old 09-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Response from Edge

If the device is saying that the vehicle isn't stock then you would have two options. The first would be to go to the dealer and have them reflash the truck. That route is the safest as the second option has some risk of disabling the vehicle. That route would be to use the device and the Fusion software to force the stock files into the vehicle. If you would like to try that, please give us a call at the toll free number below during business hours when you are near your product and we can get this going for you.

Edge Products Technical Support
1080 S. Depot Drive
Ogden, UT 84404

Has anyone experienced the forcing of stock files ????

Old 09-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by kwo361
Response from Edge

If the device is saying that the vehicle isn't stock then you would have two options. The first would be to go to the dealer and have them reflash the truck. That route is the safest as the second option has some risk of disabling the vehicle. That route would be to use the device and the Fusion software to force the stock files into the vehicle. If you would like to try that, please give us a call at the toll free number below during business hours when you are near your product and we can get this going for you.

Edge Products Technical Support
1080 S. Depot Drive
Ogden, UT 84404

Has anyone experienced the forcing of stock files ????
I don't have any personal experience doing this, but I know that Bill Cohron at PHP has done this several times with customers who had similar problems when they bought an Edge/Gryphon programmer from him. In all cases, the results were successful.

There's always a risk of disabling a vehicle any time you use a programmer on it. I think if you're careful and have a good battery, the risk is minimal.

An example of not being careful was a guy who, "kicked the OBD plug out of the socket in the truck during a programming session." Another guy "turned the ignition off during the session."

Some people should not be allowed near technology.

- Jack

Quick Reply: 2009 F150 Platinum 4x4 - Old program on truck from previous owner - Edge CS