TwEECer, Has anyone seen this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
TwEECer, Has anyone seen this yet?

I've been looking for software to tune, I found something new. http://www.tweecer.com/

Has anyone heard of it or used it? I need to get my truck tuned properly and a local guy is willing to do a dyno tune if I supply the program since he does not have anything to work with my xcal2 that I'm using currently.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twEECer has been around for quite a while now

Good stuff.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Former Sponsor
I hate that I'm mentioning it, but he could buy a single license from SCT to custom tune your truck....

Old 09-18-2013, 04:17 PM
He was more of an import guy, dealt with other software and standalones. He didn't sound interested in getting into SCT software, and the pro race package was 650 a few years ago. Tweecer seems to be 450. Price wise tweecer seems like a better deal if it'll be easy to tune my blown 5.4 on the 4.6 computer/harness.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Klitch
He was more of an import guy, dealt with other software and standalones. He didn't sound interested in getting into SCT software, and the pro race package was 650 a few years ago. Tweecer seems to be 450. Price wise tweecer seems like a better deal if it'll be easy to tune my blown 5.4 on the 4.6 computer/harness.
easy is relative.
What will matter more than what software is used is the tuners experience with late model Ford tuning...

Old 09-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$450

There are several reputable tuners you should be reviewing if you are ok with spending $450. Mike pointed out SCT is one of the more widely used tuners, I personally am running the Diablo inTune 93 octane canned tune and it is badazz. I believe Mike and his can make adjustments for you as well to the tune. I paid less than $400 for the unit shipped to my door.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Sniper tuning user here

Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Does sniper have the ability to help me with my application?

Last edited by Klitch; 09-19-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
sniper is stand alone program/cable. What app are you talking about?

Old 09-20-2013, 01:18 PM
The trick with the Tweecer is the learning curve and hoping that all your paratmeters are supported for your particular catch code.

The great positive with the tweecer is that it is user adjustable. The great negative with the tweecer is that is user adjustable. :-)

Seriously, if you are going and paying for a tune, I would use whatever software the tuner uses. If he doesn't have the software required, then I would go a different route.

I would look at a tuner who has experience tuning similar year model Mustangs. The truck strategies aren't that much different. I wouldn't want someone using me as their first attempt at tuning a particular strategy/application.

To me, a tuner learning both new tuning software, and a platform they've never messed with is a deadly combination and should be avoided.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771
The trick with the Tweecer is the learning curve and hoping that all your paratmeters are supported for your particular catch code.

The great positive with the tweecer is that it is user adjustable. The great negative with the tweecer is that is user adjustable. :-)

Seriously, if you are going and paying for a tune, I would use whatever software the tuner uses. If he doesn't have the software required, then I would go a different route.

I would look at a tuner who has experience tuning similar year model Mustangs. The truck strategies aren't that much different. I wouldn't want someone using me as their first attempt at tuning a particular strategy/application.

To me, a tuner learning both new tuning software, and a platform they've never messed with is a deadly combination and should be avoided.
So what youre saying is I should probably make the 7 hour trip to the closest reputable tuner? www.blueovalperformance.net

Originally Posted by Patman
sniper is stand alone program/cable. What app are you talking about?
Application was referring to my oddball 4.6 computer and harness with the blown 5.4L.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:30 AM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
7 hour round trip isn't bad.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Klitch,

What the other members have posted is correct. Probably not the best idea to have someone unfamiliar with a platform AND the software tune your vehicle. Granted, all gasoline engines burn fuel by the same process. However, when we're talking about tuning an OEM ECU versus a standalone ECU designed solely for ease of use and performance it can be a very different animal. Sometimes the OEMs do a really good job of disguising the **** you need to turn to make more power, and sometimes the one you need just to keep it safe.

The guys at Blue Oval do solid work. I'm pretty sure Chung still does the tuning there. (At least he was when I worked for SCT.) If you prefer not to make the trip, we offer remote custom tuning as well, and we're very familiar with blown 5.4's. We could remote tune the truck for you on your local dyno, if that's more convenient for you.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Klitch
So what youre saying is I should probably make the 7 hour trip to the closest reputable tuner? www.blueovalperformance.net

Application was referring to my oddball 4.6 computer and harness with the blown 5.4L.
Yes. Considering it will take MONTHS to learn how to properly learn how to use the TwEECer.

There is NO "manual" per se that comes with the TwEECer. It has the basics broken down, but it is supported mainly by a strong user community.

I have a 3" binder that I assembled and it is almost full. Tuning something yourself isn't for the faint of heart. And if you don't enjoy learning how things work, don't enjoy studying/reading technical type articles, don't have a lot of patience, then a TwEECer is definitely not for you. It is also a big help to understand how Ford Fuel Injection actually works too.

I literally studied and read for over 3 months before I did any tuning at all. And I did really minor things, such as adjust idle speed, tip in throttle, etc. I eventually got into injector timing, MAF transfer function, etc. Got the drivability with my big cam the way it needed to be.

A remote tune or the round trip to BOP is the way to go, IMO.

Having a 4.6 EEC with a 5.4 blown combo makes things even more interesting, as there are certain things that would be nice for the EEC to know (boost is one for sure). However, they can certainly be tuned without that, as evidenced by the number of blown cars that were never offered blown. The trick is that there aren't many combos like your's out there. BOP is what I would do if I were in your shoes, as one wrong move with the TwEECer and your high dollar conversion is toast.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771
Yes. Considering it will take MONTHS to learn how to properly learn how to use the TwEECer.

There is NO "manual" per se that comes with the TwEECer. It has the basics broken down, but it is supported mainly by a strong user community.

I have a 3" binder that I assembled and it is almost full. Tuning something yourself isn't for the faint of heart. And if you don't enjoy learning how things work, don't enjoy studying/reading technical type articles, don't have a lot of patience, then a TwEECer is definitely not for you. It is also a big help to understand how Ford Fuel Injection actually works too.

I literally studied and read for over 3 months before I did any tuning at all. And I did really minor things, such as adjust idle speed, tip in throttle, etc. I eventually got into injector timing, MAF transfer function, etc. Got the drivability with my big cam the way it needed to be.

A remote tune or the round trip to BOP is the way to go, IMO.

Having a 4.6 EEC with a 5.4 blown combo makes things even more interesting, as there are certain things that would be nice for the EEC to know (boost is one for sure). However, they can certainly be tuned without that, as evidenced by the number of blown cars that were never offered blown. The trick is that there aren't many combos like your's out there. BOP is what I would do if I were in your shoes, as one wrong move with the TwEECer and your high dollar conversion is toast.
great post.

I honestly wish more guys who call themselves 'professional tuners' would put this type of effort into what they do

Quick Reply: TwEECer, Has anyone seen this yet?