what is the best option to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is the best option to do?

I currently have a 2010 f150 xlt 4x4 with the edge cs on my truck. I have noticed for the past few months that I hear pinging noise coming from the tranny. It also feels like it slips/slams gears from 3 to 4 sometimes. Im really wanting to get rid of this thing but im not sure what to do.

The edge has only had the first update after buying this about 2 years ago (15k miles) I have read on other forums that if you move it to Level 1 or stock the pinging stops. Im not super worried about the pinging but more so the slamming of gears on downshift and slipping on upshift.

It doesnt help that I live in THE WORST city in the state as far as drivers go. In a 35mph zone its already hard on the truck to go that slow, but it makes it even worse when someone is going 25 when they dont know where they are at.

But my question is: Should I install this back to stock truck mode and possibly have ford do a reflash and just do away with it? Or should I leave it since the damage may have already been done? Someone PLEASE point me in the right direction. Thanks

Old 10-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts
Level 1 is a transmission only setting. I don't see how that would effect anything, since it should have the same effect on the transmission as Level 2 or 3.

I'd try setting the tune back to stock and see if the noise goes away. I've never heard a "pinging" sound like you describe, so I don't know what might be causing it. If the noise goes away, it could well be being caused by the tune.

If you feel the truck is shifting too hard in the 3-4 upshift/downshifts, you could try adjusting the "shift firmness" there in the negative direction. However, if it feels like it is "slipping", you would adjust the firmness in the positive direction. I would not go too far either way though. Try +-5 and see what the result is. You would do this in your "tune" setting of course. In stock, you can't make this adjustment.

- Jack

Old 10-10-2013, 04:34 PM
glc
Received 770 Likes on 711 Posts
Im really wanting to get rid of this thing
Then return the tune to stock and get rid of it.

Quick Reply: what is the best option to do?