Unusual hard down shift

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unusual hard down shift

Happy holidays all!

Wanted input on a one time occurrence that happened a few days ago. Running the exact setup listed in my profile with programmer set on canned #2 exclusively (tow haul) for over a year now. About a year ago I changed the shift point between 1st and 2nd somewhere between 150 and 300 RPM increase (exact amount escapes me at the moment) - still less than #3 canned tune.

Long story short, performed exactly as expected, until an unpleasant surprise a few days ago. Was on the way home late one evening on an open road with a speed limit of 60 MPH, a light in the distance went to red and I started slowing down, upon going green with no traffic, hit WOT from coasting around 35-38 MPH it downshifted to first as it always does - except this time it revved higher then expected and when it shifted it snapped me back. It was frankly quite harsh, I repeated the scenario after the fact and it has not done it again. Basically when it downshifted it felt like the tranny locked up much later than normal causing the very hard shift.

Wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen and what the culprit was? I will be happy to provide more detail if needed.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:02 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
sounds like it was cought between gears and was a fluke

Old 11-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
sounds like it was cought between gears and was a fluke
Yea, no repeated incidents since then. Will update if it repeats, maybe try to pull some log data if applicable.

Quick Reply: Unusual hard down shift