06 mark lt

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 mark lt

I've been looking into getting an edge evolution programmer for my 2006 mark lt. Basically looking into ordering from php the gyrphon. Wondering for the mark lt do I need to order a new one from them or can I buy a used one from an f150. If anybody knows any info that would be great. Basically my first mod wanting to lift and bigger tires but figured this would be a good start so I can change tire size when I do the lift. Also if anyone has any input on a different programmer for a mark lt that would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Skidoo3302
I've been looking into getting an edge evolution programmer for my 2006 mark lt. Basically looking into ordering from php the gyrphon. Wondering for the mark lt do I need to order a new one from them or can I buy a used one from an f150. If anybody knows any info that would be great. Basically my first mod wanting to lift and bigger tires but figured this would be a good start so I can change tire size when I do the lift. Also if anyone has any input on a different programmer for a mark lt that would be greatly appreciated.
Hi & Welcome!

Sure - buying NEW from PHP is a great idea, as you save 50% on each custom tune that way. AND you have an actual warranty.

You CAN buy used, but be aware of scams - some folks sell theirs locked, which will require you to cough up a nice fee to have it unlocked. And - no warranty.

Another alternative = SCT: www.sctflash.com either the X3 or SF, or even one of the premium units with displays.

Always run custom tuning, regardless of choice - you can't go wrong.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By saying always run custom tuning are you saying not to run the canned tunes? I have no mods yet so just wondering. Thanks for the reply probably just order new kind of the way I am most of the time for the little bit more it will cost.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Skidoo3302
By saying always run custom tuning are you saying not to run the canned tunes? I have no mods yet so just wondering. Thanks for the reply probably just order new kind of the way I am most of the time for the little bit more it will cost.
Hi.

IF you have the choice ( as in say an SCT X3 or SF ) ordering the custom tuning at point-of-sale ensures you can run custom straight away, and avoid having to pay extra, as you would if you ordered a canned device and decided on custom later on. No added expenses. Same price as canned - a no-brainer.

In the case of PHP - you pretty much need to run the canned tunes while waiting for the custom tuning to be written ( they are the only folks doing that now).

You can certainly run canned as long as you do NOT add a CAI or do other significant mods that would require tuning correction. It's up to you.

MGD

Old 12-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You can buy a used one for a F150. Check the classifieds here for some deals

Quick Reply: 06 mark lt