JDM got it right the first time!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 06:41 PM
MDK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM got it right the first time!

I usually don't write reviews on tuners especially since my truck has only had two; Troyer and now JDM. My truck is a 2008 Roush blown 5.4l running 8psi, long tube headers, dual e-fans, Roush exhaust, and all were installed/tuned by Troyer.

I moved to CO about 4yrs ago and could never get the Troyer tunes down so I switched to JDM. Nick at JDM answered all my question and since I'm not the smartest when it comes to tuning he had to do some hand holding. I live at 6500ft elevation and the first tune I got from JDM was pure money. Took it to a dyno here and after data logging and sending the info back to JDM they said everything looked good. Said I could even move back to sea level without much of a issue if any since they tune OEM.

Not only does a OEM style tune save me money but I don't have to keep switching tunes. Kudos to the guys at JDM for making a legit tune at such high elevation in one shot! I lost a TON of power moving from sea level to here but it is what it is.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every 1000ft of elevation will loose 10hp apparently.

Mine made 11 psi on the Dyno at 3000ft but barely makes 10psi here at 3700ft.

That's why I had it RR tuned as we encounter +35 <> -35C

JDM was an option but Iam glad it was rolled.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Glad to hear it, I ordered my tune two weeks ago from Jdm .. Still haven't received it , but anxiously awaiting its arrival..

Old 01-24-2014, 10:34 PM
MDK
Originally Posted by gbctrdrman
Glad to hear it, I ordered my tune two weeks ago from Jdm .. Still haven't received it , but anxiously awaiting its arrival..
Mine took about 3 weeks. Still better than the typical 6 month Troyer turn around.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MDK
I usually don't write reviews on tuners especially since my truck has only had two; Troyer and now JDM. My truck is a 2008 Roush blown 5.4l running 8psi, long tube headers, dual e-fans, Roush exhaust, and all were installed/tuned by Troyer.

I moved to CO about 4yrs ago and could never get the Troyer tunes down so I switched to JDM. Nick at JDM answered all my question and since I'm not the smartest when it comes to tuning he had to do some hand holding. I live at 6500ft elevation and the first tune I got from JDM was pure money. Took it to a dyno here and after data logging and sending the info back to JDM they said everything looked good. Said I could even move back to sea level without much of a issue if any since they tune OEM.

Not only does a OEM style tune save me money but I don't have to keep switching tunes. Kudos to the guys at JDM for making a legit tune at such high elevation in one shot! I lost a TON of power moving from sea level to here but it is what it is.
nice....

jdm also does a great job with lightnings....imo

Quick Reply: JDM got it right the first time!